web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
JasonRy Offline OP
OP Offline
We just had this system installed. Unfortunately the people that did it are not responding very quickly to simple questions, leaving me kind of stuck. I do have emanager up and running.

There are several different issues I'd like to deal with.

1) Time stamp on voice mails is 1 hour off. It was working correctly at first. Time on the phone display is correct though. I've poked around in emanager and found the System Date and Time setting, which is correct.

2) We would like to be able to change the main greeting message from the outside, when calling in. When the system answers and we try dialing the extension we use internally to get to it we get an invalid extension message.

3) My understanding is that to get the dial by name 411 directory setup I need to use the Stratagy software, connected via serial cable. When I run that program and try to connect I get an error saying handshake failed. I've tried different baud rates, but keep getting this error.

Thanks for any help

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Hello
1-when you registered on this site you did not complete your profile.
2-These issues are in your voicemail.
3- you should persue your vendor to answer these questions
and give them time to respond.

JasonRy Offline OP
OP Offline
1) I didn't know that was needed. What's missing that affects my asking questions?

2) Yes, I know. That's why I'm here

3) As I said, I've done that, but they aren't responding in anything approaching a timely fashion. Another reason that I came here.

Welcome!

As Ken stated;

1) The voicemail system is where the time difference exists, you need access to make this change either through a software portal or via the Admin mailbox depending on system type.

2) This can easily be accomplished and would have to be based on the design of your voicemail system, see your vendor. This is usually given with Administrative training that you may not have received, it is not usually a standard feature.

3) Depending on which voicemail system you have this can be accomplished and is usually setup by a trained Toshiba technician as an option. * An untrained person can really make a mess quickly due to in-depth programming.

...and finally please take a moment and complete your profile so we may help you full, remember this forum/website for trained certified technical people to assist the end users and to share valuable knowledge among ourselves.

Thanks and once again welcome!

If your voicemial system gets off by an hour every time daylight saving comes around, then the system may need a software upgrade. The dates for Daylight saving changed, instead of April through October, it is now March to November. An update to the voicemial system will fix this. The voicemail clock runs independent of the clock for the Toshiba PBX. In eManager you will only see the PBX clock and settings.

JasonRy Offline OP
OP Offline
1) I do have emanager up and running. I also have the password for admin access via the phone. I just don't know where to find the time setting other than the one I already found (emanager, System, Date and Time), which shows the correct time on the phone LCD.

2) No training was offered. Setup / install was by someone who didn't really seem to know what he was doing. At almost every point he had to email someone else for help.

3) I've used the Stratagy software before, on our old system. I'm fairly confident that I won't break anything and will certainly accept responsibility if I do smile But, it won't let me connect and I'm wondering if the installer forgot to enable something to allow COM port access. He is the one that told me to plug the serial cable that we used on the old system into COM port 1 on the new CTX100.

I will complete my profile. I am trained and certified in IT, but not in phones. I'm the sole IT guy where I am, so if it has power they expect me to fix it.

I guess I didn't understand that this forum was for phone techs only. Does this mean I'm on my own?

JasonRy Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by newtecky
If your voicemial system gets off by an hour every time daylight saving comes around, then the system may need a software upgrade. The dates for Daylight saving changed, instead of April through October, it is now March to November. An update to the voicemial system will fix this. The voicemail clock runs independent of the clock for the Toshiba PBX. In eManager you will only see the PBX clock and settings.

I kind of thought something like that was the issue, due to the exact 1 hour difference. Is there a way to set the VM clock via the phones? I'll send yet another email to the installer to see if he can do an update to fix it, permanently, but in the mean time I'd like to get the time set correctly.

JasonRy Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by JasonRy

I kind of thought something like that was the issue, due to the exact 1 hour difference. Is there a way to set the VM clock via the phones? I'll send yet another email to the installer to see if he can do an update to fix it, permanently, but in the mean time I'd like to get the time set correctly.

Thanks! After re-reading what you said I went into the admin box and found the time option. The VM clock is now correct.

Originally Posted by JasonRy
I will complete my profile. I am trained and certified in IT, but not in phones. I'm the sole IT guy where I am, so if it has power they expect me to fix it.

I guess I didn't understand that this forum was for phone techs only. Does this mean I'm on my own?

That isn't really the case. The open forum is specifically for end user support. When asking for higher level administrative support, a moderator will suggest that you contact an authorized Toshiba dealer to help you out.

I am not a moderator, but I think that you could save time if you had a good relationship with a local dealer to get you setup properly. If you are not happy with your dealers response, then there may be other dealerships.

There may be some members that will offer some admin help outside the open forum, ie private message.

I regards to your Stratgy software issue, different IPV8 versions use different baud rate to connect, and even the Com port is different. You should be plugged into the top serial port. I am making an assumption that you have an IVP8 voicemail system.

JasonRy Offline OP
OP Offline
That isn't really the case. The open forum is specifically for end user support. When asking for higher level administrative support, a moderator will suggest that you contact an authorized Toshiba dealer to help you out.

I am not a moderator, but I think that you could save time if you had a good relationship with a local dealer to get you setup properly. If you are not happy with your dealers response, then there may be other dealerships.

There may be some members that will offer some admin help outside the open forum, ie private message.

I regards to your Stratgy software issue, different IPV8 versions use different baud rate to connect, and even the Com port is different. You should be plugged into the top serial port. I am making an assumption that you have an IVP8 voicemail system.

I see. Ok, well, I guess I'll keep asking questions and hope for the best smile

It is ivpr8-r1, yes. The guy who set it up told me to plug in to COM1, which is the bottom port. I just moved the cable to COM2, the top port. I am now connected. More proof that he doesn't know what he's talking about.

The place I am dealing with has been great in the past. My understanding is that the owner is on vacation and he's the one that knows how to do all of this so I'm stuck dealing with someone that doesn't. I am not happy about this situation. Not happy at all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,110 Shoretel
187,715 CTX100 install
186,809 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 117 guests, and 412 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024