web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#571405 05/07/14 05:03 PM
OP Offline
Hello all! So I have a CIX 670 with VM and we are switching over the VM to an edge and using the CIX for everything else it's capable of. Set up is a MIPU card to a switch and the edge is hooked up to the same switch. Edge is 1.6.1.16 version and CIX is AR5.20 MT055.00 . I think I can muddle my way through the actual voice mail process. My first thing I should do I assume is get the two talking on a SIP trunk or Strata net channel or something like that I don't know which would be best or something completely different. All to get the 2 systems recognizing each other's presence. But I've searched a couple of days in the user guides for the answers on the edge and I see they say it's possible but they don't say how to do it. Does anyone here know a way to find info on this with the manuals I have (the ones that come with the systems)? or just know how to do it and could tell me? I'm clueless at this point. Thank you all.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Have you used a MAS or Micromas-h as a voicemail system for the CIX before? The concept is about the same. While the IPEdge is a complete phone system, I am assuming that you have it licensed just as a voicemail application server.

There is a guide on Toshiba dealer site that tells you how to configure the IPEdge application server for the CIX system. It is under the Strata installation documents, not the IPEdge document.

If the IPEdge is only a voicemail server, then you won't be using SIP trunk ports or Stratanet, just IP Endpoints.

OP Offline
Ah ok, I haven't used those. The only thing I have used is the ies32.. All the licensing was done by the reseller so I'm hoping they did there job right. Only thing they haven't done is handed me the doc that you are talking. Just a side question can you do both? The end point now and the stratanet later if you wanted to??

The IPEdge and the CIX can be connected together using Stratanet , such as you would if the IPEdge was also licenses as a phone system. It would not necessarily be the best way to connect the IPEdge when it is used as a voicemail server.

OP Offline
Right, I get that. I'm just wonder in the future if i started migrating over to the edge server extension's and stuff like other than vm. I would set that up but I wont right now. I'm just wondering in that aspect. But hey thanks man for the tip I don't personally of course have access to the dealer site so I needed that if you sent earlier. Thanks again.

I just installed a IPedge as a App server on a CIX using it for VM, having all kinds of issues

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,762
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,437 Shoretel
188,292 CTX100 install
187,073 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 65 guests, and 195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024