web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#571497 05/09/14 04:03 PM
Ratata Offline OP
OP Offline
I have an Inter Tel phone system and I would like to know if someone when they get put on hold can hear an announcement on top of the hold music. For example, if someone call me and I put that person on hold they start hearing the music on hold. Can they hear an announcement while the person is on hold?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Sure, with a custom MOH recording. Depending on your system, you can have multiple music sources, defined by trunk group, hunt group or station.

Ratata Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks DND ON. I only have one MOH source. Can I have a Voice application play a custom recording when someone is on hold?

No, you can't.

In theory you could transfer the call to a CRA, but I wouldn't. There would be no way to retrieve the call, and you'll eat a voice mail port while the greeting is being played.

What model and version system do you have?

The only way to do it would be to transfer the call to a Hunt Group. Record 2 CRAs with messages that play in the hunt group as "Annoucement" and "Overflow" and they would hear MOH in between the announcements. You could still pick the calls as needed and/or the phones would still ring.

Inter-tel Axxess, Mitel CS/HX5000, MiVoice Office CCS/CSM, VPU, EM, ATM4, A+, CTP+, NET+, OAISYS, Audicodes, Polycom, Spectralink, NEC Red, Samsung, Mitel Call Recording, Mitel MBG, MiVoice Office, Xarios. Mitel Phone Manager
Ratata Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you guys. I forgot about this post because I put this project on the side. Anyway, I set up the CRA and it work, but how can I disabled the inhouse phone from hearing the message? I only want outside callers to hear the message. Anyway I can do that?

inter tel axxess version 11

Put the call on hold instead of transferring it to the CRA.

How many voice mail ports to you have on that system?

Ratata Offline OP
OP Offline
The system have 200 voice mail ports. What do you mean by putting the call on hold? The CRA message since to work, but when I dialed the HG from the in-house number I also hear the CRA message. Do you know a way to disabled the CRA message for in-house phone?

Why would an internal station dial the hunt group instead of the extension number of the person they are trying to reach?

And no, you don't have 200 voice mail ports. Check under Voice Processor to see how many ports you have. This is important, because you're doing something that your system wasn't designed to do.

Every caller listening to those messages is eating up a voice mail port. This can lead to unintended consequences when all of your ports are busy, and incoming calls default to the Primary Attendant and no one can get into voice mail.

Ratata Offline OP
OP Offline
I can't find how many email ports I have under Voice Processor. I only founded how many I'm using now. Under Number of Voice Channels I have a value of 16.

I guess I don't want to use a CRA if that is going to cause a problem. Do you know of another way I can do this?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,694
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (teleco, BobRobert), 108 guests, and 249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024