Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#571807 05/16/14 01:40 PM
SBurns Offline OP
OP Offline
What are the odds that someone could PM a contact number or e-mail that leads to someone at Toshiba that I would be able to talk to about getting a foot in the door to set up a new business in doing work on Toshiba systems? We don’t have any Toshiba guys, and the “partner” here we just subbed out, not only billed us just under $400 for time and travel only (no parts, or licensing, and didn’t even considering telling us that we pay for travel both to and from site, 1 hour minimum each way) for a 90 minute service call, to check configuration settings and say not enough licenses.

Not to mention part of his 90 minute was his chit chatting, and sales pitches (I know we all love it when sub contractors roll up in their company shirt, jacket, and passing out business cards like candy to kids on Halloween). As much as I would have preferred to re-negotiate with them over a friendly game of fisticuffs, I figured it would more professional to step up our game and go more head on in business competition with them. And if I sound vindictive, I’m not the “sub-contractor” that told (our) client to cut out the middle man and contact them directly; while eating his humbly inflated bill for a loss.

(The primary channel to contact Toshiba for partnership is currently closed, apparently.)

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

While supplying the ways & means of contacting Toshiba is relatively easy I hesitate in passing on that information. In reading your post, several times, I am convinced your issue has nothing to do directly with Toshiba but with the individual or the company that supplied the individual who did come to your site at your request. Seeing how I have lived in the northeast area of Ohio most my life and have been a certified Toshiba technician for almost 20 years I would bet that you have not contacted the half dozen or more Toshiba dealers in the Cleveland/Akron market.
Because you have failed to follow this forums/website guidelines as stated in the "General" category under the heading of "Rules & How to use the Tech Talk Forum" you might not get any replies. This forum is a valuable asset to the end user as well as the installer, technicians, and telecom business owners.
I am open to speak with you over your problems and discuss a resolve to what issue your system(s) have... as soon as you follow the forum guidelines and knock the chip off your shoulder.

Feel free to post directly, send a PM, or go to the top of the screen where you will find an "Installers" tab or the "Support" tab to find a qualified person to assist you.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Originally Posted by SBurns
What are the odds that someone could PM a contact number or e-mail that leads to someone at Toshiba that I would be able to talk to about getting a foot in the door to set up a new business in doing work on Toshiba systems? We don’t have any Toshiba guys, and the “partner” here we just subbed out, not only billed us just under $400 for time and travel only (no parts, or licensing, and didn’t even considering telling us that we pay for travel both to and from site, 1 hour minimum each way) for a 90 minute service call, to check configuration settings and say not enough licenses.

Not to mention part of his 90 minute was his chit chatting, and sales pitches (I know we all love it when sub contractors roll up in their company shirt, jacket, and passing out business cards like candy to kids on Halloween). As much as I would have preferred to re-negotiate with them over a friendly game of fisticuffs, I figured it would more professional to step up our game and go more head on in business competition with them. And if I sound vindictive, I’m not the “sub-contractor” that told (our) client to cut out the middle man and contact them directly; while eating his humbly inflated bill for a loss.

(The primary channel to contact Toshiba for partnership is currently closed, apparently.)

Was the customer under the impression that you were certified to work on their system? I know when we do sub work sometimes it is very difficult to keep my mouth shut when a customer is paying top dollar to a company that is subbing work out. We did a pizza place that paid big bucks for an AT&T SynJ system or something along those lines. That system is a piece of garbage and the customer could have done so much better. When he started talking about his other pizza shop and a new system for that i had a hard time not giving him advice.

I wonder how many of these customers know they are dealing with a vendor that is hiring subs??

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,455 Shoretel
188,309 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 78 guests, and 293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024