web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
I don't understand the question. Are there different phone system VoIP connections to the remote router? The router setup has just one VoIP section and any changes there will affect all VoIP devices connected to that router.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Our experience with U-verse and remote sites is that you must use public static IP's.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Good call Mdaniel. I forget that people don't request static IPs when ordering service. We do it out of habit. Although ESI does work with dynamic addressing, for reliable service always use static addressing.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
I have the EXACT SAME ISSUE. My wife has an ESI remote IP phone that started having issues after we made some changes to our ATT service. We have their "Max" internet and they have been out three times to test the lines, change out modems, and nothing is working. Her phone techs have tested three phones now that all work in other locations but not here....

There was talk about requesting static IPs. Did that work? DO you do that through ATT or do that in the router settings? Have you guys been able to solve the problem?
Please let me know what worked.
Thanks
DDavlin

PM Sent. Just for general information, the user must request Static WAN IP addressing form the ISP. Usually, this costs a bit more, but it resolves a host of problems.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Below are more of the converstaion

from Rcaman

The WAN IP address from AT&T needs to be static. You will pay more for this but it resolves the issue. Also, make sure port forwarding is turned on and working for the port and internal IP address of the phone. AT&T has problems with their routers maintaining a port forward rule. It may take two or three routers before they get one to work.

Rcaman

FROM DDavlin

AWESOME, thanks so much for the help. I called AT&T and they have to come out for some reason, but the static IPs should be good to go on Tuesday.

I may have more questions Tuesday, but hopefully this gets back up and running.

FROM Rcaman

They have to come out and change the router again. They could remotely change the IP address to static but if they can't talk to the router that you have now, they have to change it.

Rcaman

From DDav

AT&T came out today and set up the static IPs. I was not home. I just got back and my wife's remote IP phone is still having the same issues. IPs are set up, we have the host association set up correctly, but still the same issues. The phone goes off line and shows "connecting to remote host". or "disconnecting / reconnecting". ATT did NOT change out the router. Any ideas?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,461 Shoretel
188,321 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 113 guests, and 350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024