web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#573692 06/24/14 11:51 AM
OP Offline
Recently, I believe that a member showed us his collection of colored 500 type telephones, and asked if anyone could provide a non-modular housing. I have located one, and need to communicate with the person who needs it.

I used the SEARCH function of the forum, using the term "red 500 telephone" and I got 200 results, none of which have anything to do with red 500 telephones. Well, actually, I didn't read EVERY message on every thread, but I suspect that I was being led astray.

Can anyone help, either in educating me on how to use the SEARCH function, or by providing the OP's name and contact info? Thank you.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I'm sure that's the link. Just for future info, I copied this from an older topic:

Just populate the keyword search, unless he wants to search a specific member. Use the "quotes". Select the category you want to search unless you want to search the whole board. Blank out the dates, unless you're sure of what dates you want to search before or after, when you use the drop down for the length of time the top one is blank, choose that one and just delete the number. Newer than means just that if you put 1 week you'll only get a search on stuff 1 week old and newer. Same with older than if you put 5 years you'll only get search results for stuff older than 5 years.

At the top of advanced search is a link that says advanced search tips which state:

Advanced Search Tips
Use +keyword for required keywords.
Use -keyword to exclude posts with a keyword.
Use quotes around a phrase to search for a phrase.

Retired phone dude
OP Offline
Bill:

Thank you for helping an old Luddite. When I followed your instructions, I got the results I sought.

Please don't take offense, since we know that you're just the messenger, but, in words of one syllable, why the **** would one need to put quotes around a search term, when entering the term into a search box? Would any rational, educated person assume that?

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Your not the first one with that question Arthur and we have no good answer.

Retired phone dude
Moderator-1A2
Moderator-1A2
Im the one looking for the red 500 housing!
I haven't been on in a few days, sorry. I will PM my contact info to you, Arthur.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,791
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,125 Shoretel
188,989 CTX100 install
187,373 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Touch Tone Tommy), 90 guests, and 170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024