web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#574461 07/10/14 07:03 PM
OP Offline
Have a ESI 50, trying to hook up a (I believe is a 5000/0493 set) ran cross to next available punch down on block. Ext 108 nothing on set Touch program button nothing happens. Can dial into number and goes to voice mail. Unplug phone dial in just rings on butt set. Move set to working jack phone works fine. What did I miss Thanks Tony

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

The 50 comes, as a main board, 4 x 8 x 2. That is 4 CO lines (Co 1 to CO 4), 8 key telephone ports (100-107) and two single line ports for industry standard single line telephones (108-109). You are trying to connect a digital key telephone to a single line port. Stop doing that.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
OP Offline
so i need a second 4x8x2. Thanks RCA If installed it comes up automatic

Yes, if you install the second 482, the system will automatically assign CO ports 5-8; Digital Station ports 110-117 and single line station ports 118 and 119. The system is very easy to configure.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
OP Offline
RCA thanks for your input. If you put this against a Avaya IPO configured as a Partner (Small business 5lines top 10 stations )who would come out ahead as far as serviceabilty user friendly, price, etc. Does one have to be a reseller to market this system ESI50 or do you have to be a reseller for the whole line. Appriciate any input Thanks Tony

OP Offline
PS If one is accepted as a reseller do you have a number per quarter to meet.

As with any dealer/manufacturer relationships, ESI expects their dealers to sell to achieve better discounts. In other words, you can have two ESI dealers across the street from each other, one, because they sell $100K a quarter will have a significant advantage, purchase wise, than the other dealer who may only sell $50K a quarter.

If you ask the Avaya dealers, they will tell you their systems are best all around. So will the Nortel, Samsung, etc. dealers. The deal is always what you learn and what you become familiar with will be "the best."

Personally, having been in this business for almost 50 years, I took a long, hard look at which systems we would represent. I know the shortcomings of most of the systems as well as their strengths. After considerable deliberation, we chose ESI.

Is ESI the "be all, do all" telephone system. No. Neither is any other. ESI went through a lot of growing pains and had some strange and weird problems which they addressed, for the most part. Their technical service help is good. You may not get the answer you want, but they will go through the hoops to get you a solution.

As a dealer, you are free to sell whatever you want from the ESI product offering. As far as user friendly, if I have trouble with a system, I would not recommend that system to a customer. When we became dealers, I went to factory training and immediately bought a system for the shop, I was that impressed. Since that first purchase, we have had 6 different ESI systems in our shop, each offering new and more valuable features. ESI has always kept the simple idea of "program the system from any phone" or use a GUI interface that makes it embarrassingly simple to program the system. Typically, we give a new hire a system to play with. Within two or three days, without any formal factory training, they are able to install the system and show the customer how to use it. Of course, we send our techs to school, but what I am trying to convey here is the simplicity of the system but without sacrificing quality or features.

I'll give you a real "quality" bit of advice: ALL systems are great WHEN THEY WORK. You could do a lot worse than ESI, but that's not to say that there are no other systems that may be a better fit for you.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
The Avaya IP Office Partner verision can have 18 partner phones a additional digital [1400] sets. I think the largest one we have is 70 sets ann 16 lines.

Tony,
I worked with you in the past I believe. We have been a dealer of ESI for a long time. If you call me I will give you the short and skinny on ESI.

Walter
Valentine Systems
631-862-1339

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 100 guests, and 239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024