web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi, I'm trying to set up a DID which will simultaneously ring a group of internal extensions and outside #'s (mobile phones). The caller to the DID would be connected to whichever party answers first.

I read (and tested) that a hunt group cannot be used to initiate outbound external calls. So I tried to do this as follows:

- Create phantoms which are call forwarded to the mobile #'s. Each phantom works as expected.

- Assign a DID in a routing table to one of the phantoms to test. Works as expected so you can use a DID to reach an outside # through a phantom.

-Create a station extension list including the desired phantom extensions and real stations.

- Assign the extension list to a DID in a routing table. This can be so configured but calls to the DID don't ring through the phantoms to the outside #'s. Only the internal real stations ring.

Have I discovered that station extension lists can't be used to initiate outbound calls?

Is there some other way to get this to work?

I also own but have never used a desktop universal call router server. Can it be used to accomplish this?

I have asked Inter-Tel through my sales engineer but they don't know how this can be done.

The application BTW is to provide a single number to our burglar alarm monitoring service so that they don't have to call down a lengthy call list but can make one call and reach the first person available.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

What you are trying to do cannot be done. I had a customer request the same scenario and unfortunately there is now way to include an outside number as a hunt group member phantom/real port with forwards. Could you use VoIP endpoints in peoples homes to accomplish the desired function?

ShoreTel, Inter-Tel, Mitel, NEC, Zeacom, Cisco, Digium, Adtran Certified
http://www.voipnetworkengineering.blogspot.com
The Inter-Tel PBX cannot accomplsh this on it's own. I can make Intelligent Router send a call to outside fone numbers one-by-one, but I can't ring multiple outside numbers at the same time. I certainly can't ring multiple outside AND inside numbers at the same time.

That being said, the Inter-Tel 7000 uses SIP and SIP allows an extension to perform a 'Call Forking' feature that sends calls to multiple locations at the same time, inside or outside, doesn't matter. Probably doesn't help you, but I mention it as that info could be useful in the future...

OP Offline
Thank you both for the responses. That is kind of dissapointing. Probably there is some technical design reason why this can't be accomplished that I can't understand.

RCA Offline
I dont know of any system that can do this. Maybe there is third party equipment you could buy.

Rhett
superfoneguy is on it, IT7K or Intelligent Router are your possibilities. I agree with RCA, I am not aware of any system that does that.

ShoreTel, Inter-Tel, Mitel, NEC, Zeacom, Cisco, Digium, Adtran Certified
http://www.voipnetworkengineering.blogspot.com

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,315 CTX100 install
187,088 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
C5Z 2
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 157 guests, and 400 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024