web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi there,
I have a strange InMail issue on new SL1100 we've installed (maybe some SV8100 guys have seen it as well).

2 Port InMail, copper CO's, TDM sets. I've run the side-tone adjustment on the COs already. I had an issue where I had 2-digit extensions from 21-35. According to the manual, you can't have user mailboxes from 10-35 as they're used for "Inmail resources".

Last visit I changed all extensions in 11-2 to be 3 digit, and changed the extension in each mailbox to reflect the new extension numbers.

Basically, the users are coming in to work in the morning and their mailbox is full of blank phantom messages with 2-3 seconds of silence. The caller ID just shows as "EXTERNAL CALLER". All legitimate messages do show the correct caller ID.

Do I need to run the InMail utility on the CF card and redo everything? Has anyone seen this before?

The COs are DIL'd to 300 (VM Pilot). Simple Call Routing Mailbox answers, only thing in the DIal Action Table is to allow dialing internal extensions. 0/Zero and Timeout go to a single extension.

Haven't seen something like this before with InMAil... Any ideas?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Check disconnect supervision on the CO lines.

I typically set "timeout" to hang up the call.

If you're not smart enough to press a digit, you don't get to leave a message.

D

OP Offline
Figured it out.

Customer had requested that calls ring-no answer to voicemail after 5 rings. We approximate a ring to be about 4 seconds.

So, we had set the Delayed Call Forward timer to 20sec. But the Transfer Recall timer was ALSO 20 seconds.

Since a call from the AA to an extension is a transfer, it seems it was trying to transfer to the users extension, and also recall the transfer at the same time resulting in a brief no-audio message.

Increasing the Transfer Recall timer to higher than the Delayed Call Forward timer fixed the issue.

Just an FYI incase anyone else comes across this.

Cheers.

OP Offline
So, it turns out the issue is still occuring. It definitely seems to be a disconnect supervision issue. If I call into the AA from the outside, dial an ext and hang up, then extension still rings even though the call has been "hung up".

Tested with a buttset at DEMARC, the line is taking about 5-6 seconds to disconnect.

Are the any settings in the SL1100 that I can play with to try to resolve this? Opening a ticket with the telco is likely going to result in multiple 'no trouble found' cases.

14-02-12 - by default, I think it's already checked though. 5-6 seconds to disconnect is a little long, but if you're ringing the phone 20 seconds prior to CF to VM, this shouldn't be the problem. I would definitely change the timeout function in AA to hang up.

www.highspeedtele.com
Dallas & Fort Worth, TX
OP Offline
Yeah I'm not too sure on this one...
If I connect my buttset directly to any one of their lines, it seems to disconnect reasonably quick.

The issue is once the call is in the Inmail, the disconnect is taking longer than it should.

Thinking of either trying a new CF card or wiping the current CF with Inmail Utility and starting over ... Any other ideas or suggestions?

Disconnect is a trunk card function your buttset won't detect the reversal. I would ring in on it, without voicemail picking up, and see if the card is detecting the disconnect signal if any is being sent.

OP Offline
If I DIL the COs to an extension, call the external number and answer on that extension, disconnect works. I have the CO's programed as buttons on the phone. If I hangup from my Cellphone, I see the line key no longer lit up on the phone, and the call disconnects.

So you called the line let it ring (do NOT answer), then hung up and it immediately (close to it) stops ringing?

If that is the case, check your voicemail programming and make sure it's correct. The trunk port should be hanging up the open port.

Worst case BEFORE hardware replacement is default the system and try it then.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,793 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 104 guests, and 236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024