Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Rcaman
The logs, while valuable, will not necessarily help in resolving the problem. Issues like wink timing, E&M setup and tear down, dial tone expected, toll office, DTMF, NI1, NI2, AT&T, DMS and a host of others are what make this a difficult problem to resolve. Something as simple as 250 ms. wink vs 300 ms. wink is enough to cause problems. How did you program form 15? Did you specify how many digits are expected and if you are stripping off incoming digits or adding digits, have you done that? How did you program form 19 for illegal and vacant numbers? Did you program a DID answer point? You see, there are a host of issues that must be addressed to properly resolve the problem.

I have found, in the case of DIDs not going where they are supposed to go there is usually a conflict in form 15. Also, the timing is CRITICAL if these are wink start trunks. You MUST make sure the carrier is supplying winks and correct timing. This is why I suggested a Mitel dealer take this problem on because, without a little experience, the carrier can tell you all kinds of BS and none of it is correct. Learn this, if nothing else, the carriers LIE. Your PRI should be ESF, B8ZS and should be set up as E&M. I have actually seen the PRI delivered as ESF and AMI. Any telephone crafts person will tell you this is impossible, but it can leave the CO or the POP as B8ZS and some repeater or interface module, in line, can be optioned out for AMI. It happens. To really see what is actually happening on the span, you should have a Tberd or some other piece of test equipment that can accurately tell you what is really happening. Logs will tell you a little, but the true proof is in a span analysis that can only be done with a test instrument, like a Tberd.

Rcaman

Hi Rcaman,

Thanks for your continued input, much appreciated. I've attached some screenshots of the forms you mentioned above, as well as a couple shots showing the T1 config on the gateway device. Anything jump out at you as incorrect or potentially causing issues?

Also, can you advise me on how to obtain the debug logs as I inquired originally?

Thanks.

[Linked Image from dl.dropboxusercontent.com]
[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64345/mitel/Form42-2.PNG[/img]
[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64345/mitel/GatewayT1-1.PNG[/img]
[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64345/mitel/GatewayT1-2.PNG[/img]

Last edited by TowerHosp; 08/22/14 12:35 PM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Form 15. Why is the 1st trunk programmed for different received digits and digits to be absorbed? (N and M)

OP Offline
Originally Posted by westerntelephone
Form 15. Why is the 1st trunk programmed for different received digits and digits to be absorbed? (N and M)

Hi westerntelephone,

I believe because of this:

Originally Posted by TowerHosp
The PBX vendor was able to get incoming calls to come through, albeit they weren't routing to the intended extension, they were ringing through to the front desk (this is a hotel). They were modifying how many of the incoming digits were sent and how many were being stripped, though they couldn't find a pattern to make sense of it and route it correctly. They seemed to think they weren't receiving the correct four digits of the DID coming from the gateway, although the gateway debugs show exactly that. That's what I'm trying to confirm by accessing debugs on the PBX side.

This is why I'm trying to figure out how to view the debug logs to examine a trace of a test call and see exactly what is being sent to the PBX across the T1 from the SIP gateway.

Thanks.

You need a certified Mitel technician in there.

form 15:
N - is the number of digits to expect from the CO
M - is the number of digits to be absorbed
X - is the digit to insert

assumption only, N is 4 M is 0 and X is blank

OP Offline
Originally Posted by panda
form 15:
N - is the number of digits to expect from the CO
M - is the number of digits to be absorbed
X - is the digit to insert

assumption only, N is 4 M is 0 and X is blank

Hi Panda,

Thanks for the info. Can you please see my reply to your first post above, questioning how I can make use of your info regarding accessing the debug info?

Thanks.

just say your post, make sure you have *1 in form 2 option 67, that is the X in form 15, digit translation

OP Offline
Originally Posted by panda
just say your post, make sure you have *1 in form 2 option 67, that is the X in form 15, digit translation

Panda,

Yes, I confirmed it is programmed as you stated.

Again, I believe the accessing the debug logs is critical to solving this issue. The debug info from the T1 SIP gateway provided a great deal of useful info, and I believe the Mitel logs will do the same. Can you clarify what you posted earlier?

Thanks.

Then form 55 for translation to destinations

type the commands in form 43 in the comments field to turn the options on but remember to go back in and turn them off. If you telnet in you will see a lot of info. This one is the one I use the most to show the layer 2/3 info:
tsp l2l3 on

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,455 Shoretel
188,309 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 136 guests, and 299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024