Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#57712 09/13/07 04:22 AM
OP Offline
Hi folks,
We have an InterTel PBX and just installed a Sonexis conference manager bridge. We are connected to the bridge using T1C cards in the InterTel cabinets.
We've got everything working inbound, however we cannot seem to get the dial-out feature from the Sonexis to work. Our telco VAR is saying that we need to configure trunk-to-trunk transfers, however we are struggling to figure out how to do this.
I searched these forums, but didn't see anything InterTel specific, can anyone point me in the right direction?
We are running AXXESS v9.115

Thanks!!
Jim

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#57713 09/13/07 05:15 AM
I am not familiar with a sonexis. How are the channels programmed on the T1Cs in the Axxess (OPX, LS, E&M). There isnt really a setting to allow trunk to trunk transfers. What specifically is the conf bridge trying to do? I assume that it is trying to make multiple calls via the DS0s connected to the Axxess, once established is it trying to transfer the call out another trunk on the Axxess. More info needed.

ShoreTel, Inter-Tel, Mitel, NEC, Zeacom, Cisco, Digium, Adtran Certified
http://www.voipnetworkengineering.blogspot.com
#57714 09/13/07 08:27 AM
OP Offline
Wow - Thanks for the quick reply Chris!

I figured I wasn't giving enough information. I asked one of the guys on my team to jump in here and supply more information on the situation.

Sonexis is an audio/web conferencing solution (like WebEx or Inter-Tel's IAWC). It has the ability to dial out to a person during a conference call, in case you want to add more people to the call and have the system call them instead of having the attendee dial in.

However, more detailed information is forthcoming on the Axxess side. smile

Thanks!

#57715 09/17/07 03:41 AM
Thanks for the reply Chris.

The channels are programmed with E&M. Our Sonexis system accepts calls, but can not make calls out. I have setup the 24 E&M channels on both T1C cards. I then created a CO trunk group and added all 48 channels under trunks. I created a phantom device and forwarded the CO trunk group to that phantom extension. From there I setup the DID, so now the system is accessible via 10 digit phone number or an internal extension.

Thanks for any help that you might have to fix the calling out functionality.

Jeff

#57716 09/18/07 02:25 AM
Jeff,
Just to clarify the sonexis is capable of calling out it just currently cannot?

#57717 09/18/07 05:48 AM
That is correct. The Sonexis has the capability to call out. When and internal extension or outside number is entered in the web interface during a call, there is no dial tone, no dial, and ends up timing out. Our Sonexis vendor said that outgoing access needs to be enabled and trunk to trunk transfer needs to be enabled.

Thanks!

Jeff

#57718 09/20/07 02:28 AM
Notes Regarding Sonexis too:

Behind the PBX:
• CAS - Frame Type: ESF/B8ZS or D4/AMI
(Your PBX T1 card must provide “clock” to our system.)
• PRI - Frame Type: ESF/B8ZS or D4/AMI
Switch Types: ATT 4ESS, ATT 5ESS, DMS100, DMS250, and NI2
(Sonexis ConferenceManager can be either network- or client- side.)

General Notes:
1. Customer must provide T1 crossover cable(s) to connect Sonexis ConferenceManager to the PBX. Cable lengths in excess of 100 feet require a CSU/DSU.

2. Sonexis ConferenceManager only supports E&M Wink on CAS circuits and requires a minimum Wink duration of 200 milliseconds.

3. Sonexis ConferenceManager does not support:
a. Shared D-channels across multiple PRIs (NFAS, or Non-Facility Associated Signaling); or
b. QSIG (Q Signaling).

#57719 09/24/07 09:51 AM
Ok, well in order for the sonexis to be able to place calls it must act as a station side device. The Axxess is not expecting something to place calls through it via an E&M trunk. It doesnt look like the sonexis can do anything other than E&M. I do not know of any way to provide DT to the sonexis from the Axxess to allow it to dial out with E&M. If it could do other port types you would set half the channels to be OPX and half to be Loop Start in the Axxess that way it could place calls to the sonexis (Loop Start on Axxess) and the sonexis could place calls out (OPX ports on Axxess)

#57720 10/02/07 05:41 AM
Thank you for the reply. Sonexis does not support OPX or Loop Start, so I am not sure that this will be possible either. We are still working with Sonexis and our phone vendor to figure out a solution.

Thanks again.

Jeff

#57721 10/05/07 04:11 AM
I think I know what you're referring to. You want to make a call to the outside world through your Inter-tel phone system? I had a similar issue earlier this year. I was told Inter-tel systems don't support trunk to trunk calls because it's toll fraud. However, my tech proposed a work around and we were able to do it. He by no means endorsed it, but it is working fine for us.

What I did was create a phantom extension.
In the call routing table, create an entry for those dialed digits to go to that extension. The ring in type set to single.
Remote call forward that extension to an outside phone number.
In database programming, at the top go to View, then select Online Monitor. It will give you a warning that only trained professionals should use this. Click OKay there.
Click on Forward information.
Go to Forward Outside number. This should be the number you remotely set it to forward to. Remove that number.

If you dial that extension on the INter-tel, you should get dial tone. Then you can dial the phone number you wish to dial. You've just tricked the phone system into opening up a trunk, but when it goes to dial the number, nothing is there, leaving you the ability to dial whatever number you wish.

You would then need to set your Sonexis to dial that extension when it dials an outside number. Instead of an 8 or 9, it needs to be set to dial that extension, pauses may be needed, then it should send the number.

Hope this helps

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,314 CTX100 install
187,087 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, jkmartin), 143 guests, and 299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024