web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Derrick #574727 07/23/14 04:25 PM
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Derrick,
Our site crashed and your last comment on the class along with on-line certification information disappeared. Would you mind reposting your class report?

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Derrick #574743 07/23/14 06:34 PM
Derrick Offline OP
Retired Moderator
OP Offline
Retired Moderator
No problem.

First of all, Summit certification will be available online Sept 1.

Target has a class Sept 9, I think it is the date.

There were nine guys in class, most of them from my area. One big Wave dealer from Buffalo sent down a tech as well.

There was no hands on systems because Mario, our instructor's, demo systems were lost in Philly. That was a bit disappointing but other than that and a fire alarm an hour into the class it was worth the trip. I was an hour late getting there (I screwed up the start time).

As I have said before..I like the system and believe me I am picky. Let me list the things about it that come to mind first.

1.Hybrid Analog and digital connections are reversed from the SBX
which makes it more "standard" if you want to use that phrase.

2.The first four station ports of the main cabinet are analog or digital...at the same time not either or.

3.Voice mail is configured for 4x16 out of the box. Adding the VVMU expansion card can take it with a license key up to 8x32.

4. The Summit handles a max of 44 digital wired stations plus another 48 DECT phones by adding the Wireless tech board and an array of base stations.

5. 2 voip channels out of the box, expandable to 8 when the same VVMU that expands the voice mail is installed.

6. Two Control units: the KSUAD comes with 4 analog co ports. A PRI CANNOT be added to this unit. The KSUID comes with no analog ports but they can be added with a 4x8 expansion card (not 3x8) and you can add a PRI as well. The PRI card is about the size of two thick post it notes.

7. This system is really small. The box takes up less wall space than the SBX but it is a bit deeper. The Expansion KSU is attached using two proprietary HDMI cables (they can be screwed in and they are a certain required length)

8. New NAD ram battery. It will never go dead, never.

9. Really strong get a license to turn em on applications. Mobility apps on Itunes and Google play. Can program the system from a smartphone, tablet or pc using Chrome IE 10 or above, Firefox. This system and XP may not get along for long.

10. The new phone sets are really good full duplex speakerphones plus you can use the legacy phones, Vertical Edge phones, SBX phones as well.

Any deep questions I will be happy to answer.

Last edited by Derrick; 07/23/14 10:15 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Derrick #574755 07/23/14 09:16 PM
I went to the class at DC. I got a system here that I'm playing with. I must be getting to old to learn this stuff, but I think the documentation is terrible. No more user guides for the phones, they are on cd for each phone. It is a lot like the SBX & I can see some things easier to do. But I can't find how to do some of the first things I do with any system. First, all 4 co lines blink right out of the box. The only way to shut off the blinking is connect to a co line. Can't find how to put unused lines in different group & put out the lights. When you put them in another group, they still flash. This is going to take some time to learn.

David

Derrick #574760 07/23/14 10:02 PM
Admin
Admin
Great update Derrick.

[Linked Image]
draynor #574764 07/23/14 11:12 PM
Derrick Offline OP
Retired Moderator
OP Offline
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by draynor
First, all 4 co lines blink right out of the box. The only way to shut off the blinking is connect to a co line. Can't find how to put unused lines in different group & put out the lights. When you put them in another group, they still flash. This is going to take some time to learn.

David

Put all unused lines in group 21, no where else.

Last edited by Derrick; 07/23/14 11:13 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Derrick #574765 07/23/14 11:32 PM
They still flash in group 21

draynor #574766 07/23/14 11:36 PM
Derrick Offline OP
Retired Moderator
OP Offline
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by draynor
They still flash in group 21

Use admin to reprogram the buttons as user keys instead of line keys.

www.myrandomviews

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by phoneguy10
We brought a spare card to site then realized it was a networked system and we cannot get a network SW code from Vertical
Vertical has given me both ACD and networking codes when I replace MPB cards. I'm not sure why you had difficulty.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Originally Posted by ComdialJim
Simple thing but makes a big difference to customers. The buttons on the phone are they in English or symbols?

FYI, Desi is now selling a masking label for the buttons with symbols.
https://labels.desi.com/product-exe...9008D_Vertical_9000_30_btn_Masking_Label

Derrick #580227 11/05/14 10:04 PM
Nice. That is great. I will check and see if they have for the wave ip phones as well. Since they are making them I must not be the only one who wants them. Thanks

Jim Hoey

SST Communications
597 West Montauk Highway
Lindenhurst, New York 11757

631 956-0100

www.sstcom.com

Business telephone systems on Long Island and New York City like Comdial, Vertical, Avaya, Panasonic
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024