web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
We have a customer with an E-Class that has a line which hangs open a few times a week. The only way to release the line is either to do a power reset of the IVX or to disconnect the line from the carrier equipment.

They have now had this issue with 2 separate carriers and 2 separate line cards. So I have to eliminate carrier signaling and line card ports as being our cause. Is there possibly some timing issues going on noise?

Anyone else had this issue or anything similar?

System configuration as below:
IVX E class 128
1 D12 (6 FXO and 12 digital extensions)

Last edited by Bob Branham; 11/05/14 10:27 PM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

ESI Tech support should be able to look at debug and tell you under what circumstance the line locked up. If it was a call into the autoattendant, you could try checking the branch timeout option to make sure it goes to disconnect (ID 9999)

Brian Dunne
ETC Telecom
www.etctele.com
A D12 module is 12 digital ports ONLY. Do you mean a D612 module providing 6 CO lines and 12 digital ports?

First things first. Have you measured the on and off hook voltage and the off hook current? The E class has a very tight tolerance and anything above 35 ma will cause the exact conditions you describe. You can reduce the current by inserting a current regulating device from Sandman or you can add resistors. At one time, ESI provided "Hot Cards" which had the regulators built in.

If it's not too high line current, then you may want to check if the CO is providing CPC.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
OP Offline
This system does not have a branch timeout option, but the no entry timer is set for 500. I hope to catch it hung when i go with the sandman current limiter and i will put a buttset on the hung line and see if it is AA or just dialtone.

Sorry you are correct my goofup there it is a 612 card.

To be safe i will go ahead and order a Sandman device.

Not to be pushy, but you need to take a VOM or other testing device that can measure DC current and measure the line first. If you do not need the Sandman devices, why spend the money? You may also detect a low current condition which can cause line release problems as well. The "expected" range of line current, when the CO line is off hook is 25 to 35 ma. Anything lower or higher will cause many problems.

Do a little troubleshooting and save yourself some time and money.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,312 CTX100 install
187,086 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Professor Shadow), 139 guests, and 299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024