web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
You need to remove the voice messaging card from the processor. That's your problem. Will it retain it's programming and recordings? YES

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
I just replace a Partner mail pcmia card with a Partner Messaging module (v1.0). It is installed in an ACS v3.0. I have reprogrammed the group 7 assignments to the correct ports and disabled the old ports (78,79)

Did you remove the Partner Voice Messaging Card out of the ACS processor?

dtel Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks, I assumed that the card would retain its programming, but you know what they say about assuming ! I left it in, reluctantly - just in case.
The customer was in a hurry to get kids and this was a one shot trial, after they closed. I had the messaging module programmed and working in a V6, so I figured any hitches would be on the phone system side.
Thanks for the help and I will post the results with the card pulled.

Yeah, even though you took 78 and 79 out of HG7, unless you unassign all the lines in #301 it will start grabbing incoming calls. Get that card out of there. It IS a flash card, so everything is still on it, it you need to revert back. It is also still on there if you intend to resell the card, so be sure to default it once you know it's not needed any more.

dtel Offline OP
OP Offline
Pulled the card and it is going to the correct greeting. Only thing that the customer didn't like is that it rings the extension before it goes to a mailbox. I told them that I could change the #321 mailbox transfer time. Is there a way to get the autoattend to send callers directly into a mailbox?? **** Should this question be a new thread?*****

I've installed panasonic bts for 25 years and that has never been a problem with their products. I see a lot of similarities with the partner so I am guessing that it is possible.

Thanks again, for all the help

dtel Offline OP
OP Offline
By the way, the messaging card said Version 1, but it wound up being a version 6. Tried the programming tool and the V6 tool was the one that connected. Is there an easier way to identify the software version?

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
There really isn't a visual way to reliably determine the software revision as the modules can be flashed up to R7.

Try activating DND to send calls directly to voice mail.

I Love FEATURE 00
When you log into the system administrator's mailbox, instead of pressing 9 for programming, press 7, and you will hear the release and software revision.

So the ring that the customer doesn't like....Is it the ring on the phones before the Auto Attendant answers the call, or the rings on the transfer from the auto attendant to the extension before the extension's personal mailbox answers?

If they want the auto attendant to answers calls first, set the phones to NO ring, then everything is silent until the caller makes their selection and the call transfers.

If it is the rings during the transfer, you can use a SELECTOR CODE to do a mailbox transfer, but the caller has to press "1 for Bob, 2 for John, 3 for Bill" instead of dialing the actual extension number "10 for Bob, 11 for John, and 12 for Bill"

dtel Offline OP
OP Offline
The autoattend answers immediatly in night mode and with a 4 ring delay during the day mode. When the A.A. transfers to a two digit extension, at night, they would like it to go directly into a mailbox. The customer said that the flash VM would go to a mailbox if the callers dialed the extension followed by #.

The selector codes would work for a few extensions, but she has recorded the entire company directory in the main message. There are 23 users at this time. That means an unbearably long message before the no entry transfer to mailbox to. I recommended offering the "0" to leave a general message, early in the greeting.

Put DND buttons on each phone and tell the users to push it when they are out of the office.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,795
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,352 Shoretel
189,010 CTX100 install
187,392 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (James D., Toner), 202 guests, and 384 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024