Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
htd Offline OP
OP Offline
I tried dialing just 631 or 662 but that didn't work. I dialed *631 and a message says "cannot use this code" or something to that effect. I dialed *662 and that says "call back function cannot be used". Does anyone have any other ideas? It's a 2802 - - I wonder if there is a different code I could try? Thank you.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Online Content
This might be a stupid question, but assuming from a prior post that the SLT is extension 110? If it's not then do the same from extension 110. Asking this because neither of the two plain old phone ports on the STS are 110. There could be a separate SLT card though that would allow 110.

Just to confirm you did get system dial tone (not outside dialtone) and dialed just 631 or 662, no 9's or any other lead number or feature? If from the plain old phone you don't have to dial a 9 to get an outside line let us know.

Also you must hang up and get fresh system dial tone between each try.

Retired phone dude
htd Offline OP
OP Offline
no, I did not get system dialtone from the 2802 phone. I only got outside dialtone. The only time I heard anything from the system is when I enter *631 or *662, then I got a message saying it wasn't capable or something to that effect. would it help if I called the office from that phone and got an ID on the display showing the line? I'm running out of possibilities. Thank you again for your help.

htd Offline OP
OP Offline
Okay, it gets better....when I called from that phone the caller id shows it as dedicated fax line. So if that is a dedicated fax line, that is why it is on DND. I don't know enough about setting up phone lines so I would ask you, does it make sense to you to have set it up this way? A dedicated fax line, which is a phone in the kitchen, which appears on the Starplus STS as DND. Is that the way things are usually set up? The fax machine is in the office, would the two be connected?

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
OK, now we are onto something here. This extension is set for off-hook preference to an outside line, which appears to be your fax line. My guess is that it is a line that is shared with the system for casual outward calling. The thought process behind these setups is that it doesn't make sense for a fax line to be sitting there idle for just the occasional fax transmission. I'm thinking that your fax line is perhaps the last line connected to the system.

I've never tried this, but it might be worth giving it a shot:

Go off-hook and dial an outgoing call to someone who answers. Once this occurs, press the flash button on the phone to gain internal dial tone and THEN try dialing 631 to cancel the DND feature. Press flash again to return to your original call and then hang up.

Fingers crossed...........

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
I think you need to turn off off hook preference also known as ring down/hot line before you can turn off DND

From the manual:

An SLT user can press the FLASH button and dial their own number to override Off-Hook
Preference and gain intercom access.
To disable Off-Hook Preference:
Goof off hook
1. Press Flash.
2. Dial [691].
3. Dial [00].

Once you can dial other stations then you can dial the dnd code with no problem.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Online Content
Not from the manual, but I'd think if you could get system DT via flash you'd be able to dial the code. I'm not near as sharp as Derick or Ed on the Vodavi, but I think I'd try that first.

There must be a reason why it was set up this way.

Retired phone dude
htd Offline OP
OP Offline
Before I try to undo this, I need to know how to re-do it. How would I return it to the original blinking red if I need to for any reason?

Thank you

htd Offline OP
OP Offline
OK, How do I return it to the blinking light if I need to for any reason. I haven't tried to release it yet until I know how to return it to the blinking light setting.

thanks, Helene

Online Content
Originally Posted by justbill
Do as Derrick stated, go to the single line phone and dial 631 if that doesn't work try 662, 631 toggles DND on and off at the SLT.

Retired phone dude
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,763
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,443 Shoretel
188,296 CTX100 install
187,079 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 156 guests, and 225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024