web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
All - I'm having trouble setting up my iphone app. My ipedge server sits behind a firewall, which means typically one would need to utilize "port forwarding" so there's a public IP.

Rather than do that, I established a VPN tunnel via my iphone which puts me on the private network. I have access to other devices via their private IPs, but I cannot seem to get the IPMobility app to work.

My configuration -
IP Address: Using the private IP assigned by our firewall to the ipedge server (which adds an "8080" I think based on the port). So 192.xxx.xx.xxx:8080

Mailbox number: 4 digits that show up on my phone as its extension

Password: my voicemail password

Is there a setting I'm missing within the ipedge server itself? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!
-BK

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Well to start with, the IPMobility app does not use port 8080. It uses port 90.

There may be a lot of setup that needs to be done on the IPEdge before the app will work. Do you know if the IPEdge has been configured for IPMobility? Also the users have to have email enabled. A DID needs to be setup, Netserver, etc.

OP Offline
Thank you (must be why the app auto-populates port 90!) The office phone system was setup by an outside "Toshiba-certified" firm, so current users have DIDs.

Email should be enabled as I receive emails when I get voicemails on my office line. Do you have a little more detail you can provide so I can pass along to the 3rd party who did our install?

Thanks again.
-Bryan

If this firm is an authorized dealer, then they should have access to Toshiba KB Article # 3237, which pretty much has a step by step on the setup. That is what I looked at before I wrote my previous response.

Outside of various training and webinars, I haven't had a chance to install this on a customer location. I think your Toshiba vendor should have the same information, plus access to Toshiba tech support if they run into troubles.

Since you are getting email messages for your voicemail, one of the requirements are met. There still may be some items that need to be checked, such as a DID for IPMobility, Net server needs to be setup, Net server monitor enabled and calling number in mailbox.

I hope you can get it working. Let me know how it goes.

OP Offline
Thank you very much, I'll ask him about that article.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,773
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,469 Shoretel
188,335 CTX100 install
187,097 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 109 guests, and 161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024