web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
What you described yesterday at 9:09am is forwarding.

Are you using intercept also??

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Len10 Offline OP
OP Offline
When I was unable get forwarding to work, I tested the intecept function to see if I could use it as a substitute. I can route calls using intecept, but as I described in the post you referred to, it doesn't work the same way as forwarding. If, for example, I set the intercept destination to the extension I want to "forward" to and the "intercept no answer time" to 1 second, it works exactly like forwarding (except for the 1 second delay). However, if the extension is part of an ICD group, it only works when there are no other members of that group (obviously defeating the purpose of having an ICD group). So to answer your question, was I describe was not describing forwarding.

If you want an ICD group to go some where after a few rings you use Overflow, not Intercept or Forwarding.
I think you need to get a Tech out who knows how phone systems work.
Overflow to VM to get to ICD mailbox.Or to another ICD Group, or the Operator.

Len10 Offline OP
OP Offline
I thought overflow redirects a call to another destination. I need calls to ring simultaneously in both offices. If there is a way to to have the original ICD group ring simultaneously with the overflow destination then it may work.

You say call fwd does not work. If that is indeed a fact then what you want (simultaneously ring local ring group and ring group of a networked system) can never work. I can't fathom why you don't have your Vendor make this work, can they not program remote, or is that beyond their scope of expertise??

Len10 Offline OP
OP Offline
The "certified dealer" can program remotely, but the technician admits he doesn't have the level of expertise to help. He did send my program file to Panasonic and they state I programmed the system correctly. Panasonic suggests I send the PBX to their repair center. As it is out of warranty, it could take a week to fix. My business can't survive without phones for a week. It annoys me that Panasonic refuses to talk to me directly, even on a conference call with the dealer. It shows that there "certification" process is meaningless and they don't back their products.

If out of warranty then the dealer would supply a replacement TDA50
under your maint agreement.
If you don't have a Maint agreement then you would purchase a new unit. Doesn't matter what Manf of phone system, unless it was a Vendor that you have a good rapport with. A TDA50 is not that expensive.
I also think that Panasonic or others may not know exactly what it is that you want, as I have had trouble understanding what is going on.

I would be happy to look at your system remotely and if I can help then you can pay me. You would of course be available via phone at that time and at the location.

Len10 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks, I will send you a PM.

Well..............................................?????

That's what I thought.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 116 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024