Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#584446 02/09/15 01:00 PM
oobie Offline OP
OP Offline
Got a situation with a client that wants to take calls at other remote locations form the main system and we are using CCIS.

Can you route inbound calls to a virtual extension in one of the remote cabinets? Example line 1 ring to VE 250 in Remote cabinet

Also looking down the road for this client:
They are probably going to want to have calls ring at all 3 sites and looking to potentially maybe put ATA adapters off of the main system then connect them as analog trunks to the remote cabinets. Has anyone done this before? and any recomendation on an ATA that you had work on the 8100?
These systems are CCIS'd together because netlink is just not a cost effective (meaning point to point circuits or MPLS not either available or way to much money) The sites are small 6 to 8 phones in each location.

Thank you all in advance!!
Gary

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

oobie #584481 02/10/15 09:52 AM
If the sites have good, stable internet connections you can setup VPN's and use NetLink. We have several sites with this scenario running with no problems.

We get old too soon, smart too late
dans #584499 02/10/15 03:29 PM
I'm jumping in here since I work (on the sales side) with oobie and his post is related to something he and I are working on together. We have been told in the past by NEC, and I've seen it referenced here on the forum as well, that public internet connections should never be used for Netlink networking. We do have site-to-site VPN's already setup at this particular clients locations using decent Cable modem Internet but have not really considered Netlink due to being told over and over only to use "Managed" IP Connections for Netlink and to never use straight public Internet. I would love to move this client to Netlink if it's even 90% solid using their current cable internet but have been afraid to suggest it and get ourselves in a pickle...so...you're saying it's working well? Anybody else using Netlink in this manner with success?

oobie #584500 02/10/15 03:41 PM
I know NEC is big on changing default user name, password on PC pro, Web pro and recommends changing the ports.
They do recommend a MPLS between sites for NetLink but I haven't heard them say never use the internet with a VPN.

We get old too soon, smart too late
oobie #584511 02/10/15 06:02 PM
I have seen people try to run NetLink down here on public internet and always there have been tears. They have had to convert to VPN networking to fix it so don't try the internet if you don't want problems. Though I have been told that the new SV9100 NetLink seems way more tolerant of network issues that the SV8100 but would still stick with a VPN circuit.
Internet works OK with CCIS though on a small number of channels.

Regards,

Paul W
Now back to a 0 day week. Love these 7 day weekends.
oobie #584515 02/10/15 06:31 PM
Thanks for the additional replies guys...maybe I'm just a little confused on the definition of "VPN" as it applies to NEC Netlink. We do have a VPN setup between the sites now for this client but it's a hardware VPN between two SonicWALL firewalls and the Internet is standard cable provider internet with a speed of 10mbps down and 2mbps up. What I'm thinking NEC recommeds is more of a "point-to-point" dedicated circuit like a pt-pt T1 or MPLS but those just become too costly for this small doctors office. Maybe I'm just not understanding the nomenclature since I'm just a lowly sales guy smile

oobie #584527 02/10/15 10:25 PM
In our office here we have two SV8100s Site 1 here and site 2 in another town. These are connected via the Internet and a couple of Cisco 527W routers setup with a VPN. This works fine.. Do get the occasional remote reboot usually at nite when no one is here..

Regards,

Paul W
Now back to a 0 day week. Love these 7 day weekends.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,767
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,453 Shoretel
188,305 CTX100 install
187,084 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 122 guests, and 313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024