web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
We in Jersey were less innovative and steel wool was in every janitors closet. That 7 month strike what year was that? In NJ I remember the strike of the '80's that led to 3%. which led to if you don't like this speed I guarantee you won't like the other one. Then in the 2000's GPS's on the trucks leading to park the truck at a job and take the bus X-mas shopping.

John 807
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

The 7-month strike (1971-2) started out as a typical end-of-contract work stoppage. Then Tricky Dick got involved by freezing prices and wages. We stayed out for seven months because there could legally be no increase. Finally, the feds broke the impasse and allowed us to have a ONE DOLLAR per week raise, so that the Union could save face and claim that they got us a raise in spite of the Crook in the White House.

I managed to survive on unemployment ($90 per week...my rent was $360 a month, so do the math) casual employment doing odd jobs, and on the generosity of friends. The old Italian lady down the block who ran the pizza shop ($0.25 a slice) would make a big pan of baked ziti or lasagna and refuse to take more than a quarter from me for lunch, which was a big plate of the pasta especial del giorno, garlic bread, and a coke. She basically kept me alive through the ordeal.

I've tried to educate my kids and other young folks in the concept of always having more than one skill, because you never know when one job will disappear and you'll need to switch gears quickly to stay alive.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Same thing I tell mine. When you are willing to do a job no one else wants to, you can charge what you want, as long as you are good at it. Try and find a plumber who specializes in brown gold for less than $125 an hour or more.

John 807
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Touch Tone Tommy 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 103 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024