web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
RRino Offline OP
OP Offline
Have any of you Toshiba guys ever done custom recordings on the IPedge Messaging? Customer wants professionally done recordings uploaded for their main greetings. I talked to Toshiba and they said it would be the same file format as MOH files but that a support token would be needed for them to upload them. I wouldn't think it would be that difficult but I have no idea where to look for where they are stored. This is on the Dell virtual server setup.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I personally have not tried this but maybe this will point you in the right direction. I would work with a non-critical mailbox AND make sure the mailbox is setup meaning a name and greeting has been recorded and I THINK this is it...

Via Webmin under Others there is a link to Upload/Download. Select the "Download from Server" tab. Next to "File to download" there is a button that opens a utility so you can see the hard drive.

In the Sm Folder there is a mailbox folder that contains all the mailboxes. Opening a mailbox yields greeting and name files in the .VOX format.

I downloaded my greeting from my mailbox but, so far, I have not been able to get intelligible playback via WMP or Audacity. I think the trick is to figure the codec and bit rate the file uses since Audacity could not open it natively.

One thing I discovered is the file names are case sensitive.

Hopefully someone with some knowledge in this area can help us build on this.

I will pick this up on and off but I will be busy the next several days.

Man, I wish you posted a few days earlier because my geek switch has ben tweaked and I can't really delve into it for a bit. ~ Mike

Michael Meyer
I have done this a few times. I have also extracted the main recordings from an Stratagy IES and installed it as the main greeting to make the transition a little easier.

Meyery2K is in the right direction, but the main greeting is not in the mailbox folders. (FYI, you could upload and download personal mailbox greetings, but these get erased when you setup the mailbox). Also, I don't know who said it was the same format as the MOH file, but they are wrong. As mentioned above, it is .VOX just like the IES. I use the free version of Wavepad to convert the files to VOX. This program seems to work best for me.

The files correspond to the prompt numbers for the department greetings. I don't know if the open forum is the best place to talk about the file structure of the IPEdge, so just to be on the safe side, I'll send you a PM of where to upload the greetings.

Ok - I was able to take a different audio file and upload it to the Edge and have proper playback. You should get Audacity which is a free download.

I used Audacity to record as Mono with a sample rate of 8000 bits. I then exported audio as an uncompressed file type. In options I specified Microsoft (WAV) and selected u-law.

Save as GREET.VOX

Upload into the mailbox and, at least for me, it was working.

Michael Meyer
It looks like we can put this one to rest.

David - Point well taken about advertising file structure. I will avoid doing that in the future.

Mike

Michael Meyer
PM sent. I don't want to get on the moderators bad side smile

I use Audacity for other file formats, but not for VOX. In the past I could not seem to get it to convert VOX properly. Maybe I will give it a second look for Toshiba, since I do already have it installed.

Originally Posted by Meyery2k
David - Point well taken about advertising file structure. I will avoid doing that in the future.

Mike

In theory only people with correct credentials should even see the file structure of the IPEdge, so I imagine the security risk of posting this information is pretty low. The first priority should be keeping potential hackers out of the system in the first place. There is pretty good security in the system. I heard even Toshiba does not know the root password, and SSH is turned off.

But probably better safe then sorry.

RRino Offline OP
OP Offline
Awesome! Thanks for the info fellas.

Any chance I can get some info on where and how to change the system prompt files?

JR
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Hi JR

You will need to give us a bit more information smile
Is it a message mailbox greeting?
Is it a script mailbox greeting?
Is it a department AA greeting?

Which prompt are you referring to?

Do you have a professional message you need to upload to the system? what format is the file in?

Regards
Carl
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 116 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024