web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
On the same note of using UM with outlook I thought there was some way of using IMAP instead of the UM client? Anyone know about this?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You can use IMAP if:

1. You are using an Enterprise Messaging server, version 1.1.43.X or higher

2. You have Unified Messaging licenses.

The IMAP version works well, but is not as 'fancy' as the UM client. When you use IMAP, you get a new folder in Outlook that yer voicemails get delivered to and they appear as .wav attachments. This means they can get huge in a hurry. If you delete the voicemail in yer email, yer message light goes off, if you move the email, the message is saved. You can also un-delete the voicemail and yer message light goes back on. That's pretty much it.

Add me to the list. If someone can send me the fix I would sure appreciate it.

Superfoneguy.

I got the fix and it worked like a charm. Why doesn't Inter-tel support this fix?

Thanks.

Frank

Frank
Sorry to get here late on this one.

Reason for incompatability with Office 2007:
All previous versions of Office were based on the original setup of all Office versions. Legacy application support was possible until Vista, Server 08, and Office 2007 came along. These SW suites all use XML imaging as the basis for their code. WHat this means is that, you can have a lot of issues with this suite of SW if being used with legacy SW. It may not be supported, however there may be a possible fix.

Try going to the Windows flashing button in the upper left of Word, Outlook, etc, and change from the new XML based file type to the classic or legacy file type, and let us know if that helped. If you need a hand with doing that, go to Microsoft Technet and type in changing file associations to classic type in Office 2007.

I'll have to try the above ideas, but the reason Inter-Tel isn't supporting Outlook 2007 or 2003 SP3 is likely that they want the client-model UM approach to go away. Too hard to support. The new UM OSE (IMAP) model works pretty well, isn't as 'fancy' as the client type but doesn't require client-side s/w so they really are pushing that solution.

Superfoneguy-

does this fix work for 2003 SP3 issues too? If so, can you please e-mail it to me?

Thanks much

2003 SP3 is absolutely not supported and I have no fix for that. I would not count on that ever being supported w/ the UM client. If you are running an Enterprise Messaging server you can use the IMAP solution.

How is it that you apply the IMAP solution?

Superfoneguy,

I too am having issues with UM 2.364 working with Outlook 2003 SP3. Could you e-mail me the fix also.

Thank you

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,795
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,352 Shoretel
189,009 CTX100 install
187,392 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, justbill), 176 guests, and 395 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024