web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I just recently finished a DECT phone upgrade on an older TDA50G and have had some problems. It seems that the four new KX-T0155 DECT Cell Stations are drawing too much power and the TDA50 locks up and shuts down every few hours and must be manually rebooted only to fail again a few hours later. I asked the client to unplug two of the four new Cell Stations and they report no further problems since doing that Sunday afternoon.

The system is populated as follows:

Slot 1 = DHLC4

Slot 2 = LCOT4

Slot 3 = DLC8

Doorphone

Last week, I replaced four (4) old KX-T0141 Cell Stations with four (4) new KX-T0155 DECT Cell Stations. There are a total of six (6) KX-DT333B Proprietary Phones connected and the system also has one (1) Doorphone.

I was under the impression that four Cell Stations wouldn't exceed the standard power supply's capacity, but it appears that these have.

Is adding a second power supply to the 7-8 year old TDA50G recommended or should I replace the existing one? In other words, has this configuration really exceeded the capacity of the existing PSU? Or have I done something else wrong? The system worked fine with the old KX-T0141 Cell Stations but upgrading to the KX-T0155s has completely destabilized it.

Thanks in advance for any insights you guys may offer as I'm a bit unsure as to what's the best remedy.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Could this have to do with the version of the cards installed? Is it possible the 7-8 year old DHLC/DLC cards are incompatible with the KX-T0155 Cell Stations? If it's a card compatibility issue, should I be looking for a certain version of card?

Thanks again

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
if counting the units, a cell station is 4 units,
what does the error log say? if one over is there then it because of over the limit of either cells or units

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
DHLC\DLC cards need to be 5.002 for dect.
MPR must be 5.0 or later.
Docs show additional AC adapter.

Last edited by brokeda; 03/18/15 08:39 PM.
CS needs upgade to 8.0 if using older unit with an 8.0
Check MEC config.

Last edited by brokeda; 03/18/15 08:54 PM.
OP Offline
Thanks OBT -

This is the last string of “Minor” errors logged. I don’t know what the code is for “one over” and I’m unsure about how to count units though…

On 3-15-15 at 08:52:30:

Error Code | Sub Code | Error Message

391 | 10102 | Data Link Established
391 | 10101 | Data Link Established
391 | 10103 | Data Link Established
391 | 10104 | Data Link Established

At 16:12:18:

305 | 10103 | Data Link Failure
305 | 10104 | Data Link Failure

At 16:14:24:

10 | 10000 | AC Power Down
11 | 10000 | DC Power Down

At 16:15:49:

2 | 10000 | System Restart

At 16:16:04:

391 | 10101 | Data Link Established
391 | 10102 | Data Link Established

The system hasn’t failed since the “Data Link Established” at 16:16:04 on Sunday - no further errors after client unplugged two of the four Cell Stations and rebooted (except for more Data Link Established errors recorded upon my logging in today).

There were some errors in the Minor error log dating back to April, 2014, so I’m wondering if this CPU is having problems - I saved error log as a “Notepad” doc.

OP Offline
Thanks Brokeda -

I tried to check the DHLC/DLC card version but couldn’t figure out how to find that information. Didn’t see it under “Card Property” or “Port Property” when looking at the individual cards. How do you find this info?

The MPR(M) Version is 5.0003

The Cell Stations are brand new - it says “T0155V4-1B” on the box. I’m not sure how to check MEC config, either but you noted “Docs show additional AC adaptor”, so adding a second PSU sounds like the best place to start, agreed?

Read the manual, goes over MEC and counting power units, thats the install manual.

Configuration/Slot/Summary shows card versions.

Last edited by brokeda; 03/19/15 11:36 PM.
OP Offline
Good suggestion to read the manual! I did. I only have 4 KX-T0155 CSs, 6 KX-DT333Bs, one Doorphone and Caller ID card in addition to the built-in HLC and LCOT4 cards, a DLC4 and a DLC8. Based on those devices (if I read the manual power calculations correctly) I shouldn't need a second PSU. Maybe the original is no longer putting out its specified voltage(?) I will meter it and add a second PSU and see what happens. The power calculations don't show a need for an MEC card as configured.

I will also check the card versions next week.

Thanks again, Brokeda

OP Offline
Back onsite now and all that comes up under Configuration/Slot/Summary is 5.0003 for the MPR(M). No version numbers come up for any of the other cards. I assume this means the cards are too old and I should install a new DLC4 to connect the Cell Stations?

I added a second PSU (PNLV6505) and the system has stabilized to the point that it isn't shutting itself down anymore but the new KX-TCA385 DECT phones still act funky - one phone drops offline occasionally and when I try to place an intercom call to it, the message "CS Not Connected" appears on the display of the phone you're calling from. Also, the system time is wrong - it displays PM on the corded phones but the KX-TCA385 displays show AM. Will a new DLC4 card resolve this?

When you upgrade from the old cell sites to the DECT cell sites, you need to follow a certain procedure. Panasonic's partner website has the migration tech note somewhere. If you haven't done this, that is probably why the new cordless phones are acting weird. The first time I swapped 0141 cell sites for the 0155s, I didn't follow the procedure and had problems. I had to go back and re-initialize the system and follow the migration tech note.

The CS not connected message usually means that the cordless phone is out of range.

Your power issues might just be a bad power supply, you are not exceeding the power consumption.

Aaron
OP Offline
Thanks, Aaron. I didn't think I was exceeding the power supply's limit based on calculations but I read somewhere that "four or more" may require a second PSU. I metered the original PSLP1434 PSU at 39.81 v and the new PNLV6505 at 39.84 v, so there doesn't seem to be much difference in output but I did make the new PSU the primary one.

I did a DECT upgrade a few years ago on a TDA100 but I don't remember the procedure and unfortunately don't have access to the Tech Note.

The new KX-TCA385 phones seem to go to sleep and sometimes don't wake up when a call comes in or when taken off hook to initiate a call. Also, they just beep three or four times when you try to access many of their menus, such as Incoming Log, Outgoing Log, etc. which seems to indicate there's a degree of system incompatibility. The Line button doesn't give direct access to any of the three lines and none of the one-touch buttons I programmed can be accessed either. Also, the phone that displayed the CS not connected message is probably 12' from the nearest CS, although it is in a bathroom in front of a mirror which may have something to do with it.

Would you be willing to send me the Migration Tech Note and are any of the problems described clearly attributable to not following the migration procedure? Would it be wise to remove the secondary PSU and see if the new one supports the equipment without any more issues? I would love to be Panasonic Certified to avoid these kind of problems but it seems they are not accepting small volume dealers anymore.

Hi Idiot Boy, did you ever find a cure to the KX-TCA385 phones not accessing any lines with the Line button?

Thanks

Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Originally Posted by ahlmab
Hi Idiot Boy, did you ever find a cure to the KX-TCA385 phones not accessing any lines with the Line button?

Thanks
Idiot Boy hasn't been on since that post almost three years ago.

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
As a follow-up, in case someone else has the same issue, I solved my problem of KX-TCA385 not accessing a line, along with many other functions not working. It was a corrupted database in the PBX. Re-init, followed by re-programming from scratch solved the problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,765
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,445 Shoretel
188,299 CTX100 install
187,081 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (pvj, Keyset6), 186 guests, and 157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024