web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Sydneyy Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello, I am new to this forum and with Allworx.
Model: Allworx 6x
Software Version: 7.5.18.5, Jul 17 2014, 15:41:51

Our phone's were hacked about a few months ago, and since then nothing has been the same.
I am fairly new to Allworx, and I was told to change all the passwords/pins on all users. After a week of doing so, I noticed we haven't been receiving any voicemail emails.
My company uses GoDaddy as an email provider.
I'm using Message Alias and everything looks fine. I have the Username and the email I want to use on there. I get voicemail messages on my phone, but not on my email.
I'm not sure what the problem is, we use to get emails before.

If I could get some insight on this, it would really help out a lot.
Thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Administrator
Administrator
Did you change the passwords on the Godaddy emails as well?

Sydneyy Offline OP
OP Offline
No, none of the passwords on GoDaddy were changed. I only know of Message Alias to set up voicemail to emails and it only required to put Username and Emails.

Administrator
Administrator
Try setting your smtp mail server / godaddy with one new email address and one phone with the same login name password. The phones had the correct settings before you made the changes. So work backwards or try getting just one to work correctly.

Sydneyy Offline OP
OP Offline
Emails still aren't being sent. frown

Sydneyy Offline OP
OP Offline
Update: I just received a voicemail email now, and another person received theirs too, but it's from a week ago.

Can this help?
This is an automated status message

Delivery failed to these recipients:

Delivery failures can be the result of:

- User's mailbox quota being exceeded
- Invalid Username at a valid domain
- No connectivity to destination domain
- Improper DNS setup for destination
- Remote mail server temporarily not available

Regards,
The Postmaster server at:
allworx.inscitek.com

Hello Sydney. If you have access to programming, Under Servers click Email, then Modify link, look under Enable use of SMTP Server, if that's checked, click Send Test Email and see if it passes. If it doesn't, you'll have to fix the settings. If email settings are golden, go to Maintenance, Tools, enter smtpout.secureserver.net (GoDaddy's SMTP Server) and click DNS Get Address From Name. If that times out or fails, you'll have to head over to Network Configuration to get DNS sorted out.

Personally, in hacking situations they go in there and mess with all kinds of settings, both in the Server and on the phones (depending on software level) so if a backup is available from when the system was first put in, I would restore it to gain peace of mind at the Server. Be sure to upgrade to the latest release to patch the security problems that likely led to the hack. Then I would also visit each phone and and go into Config and default the phones, depending on what version you were on during the hack they were almost certainly messing with the phones themselves also.

If backups aren't available, I would personally default everything, load the latest software release, and re-program. I know it isn't convenient but it's better than trying to fix damage the hackers did.

Last edited by hacky; 03/25/15 02:00 AM.

Hackbarth Communications, L.L.C. - Serving South Central Wisconsin's Telecom Needs
When you say hacked, do you mean that someone spoofed one of your devices and placed calls out, or did they physically gain access to your Allworx system? If the latter, this would be the first that I ever heard of that. What exactly did you change passwords to? Generic SIP devices, Allworx handsets, or both? Usernames cannot be changed so VM to email should not have been impacted. Are you still experiencing issues?

Moderated by  JWRacedog 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,280
Posts638,741
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,309 Shoretel
188,180 CTX100 install
187,022 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
jc2it 4
dexman 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (newtecky), 88 guests, and 110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024