web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
tday Offline OP
OP Offline
On a 5340 IP set how can you place a call on hold to be able to be picked up from another 5340 Ip? They are using a PRI for incoming calls. I tried call park and park retrieve and it did not work. I am not sure if I set it up correct though. If any one could give me the correct procedure that would be great.

Thanks in Advance
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Are you set up as a sub-attendant, using LDN keys?

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
tday Offline OP
OP Offline
I do not even see an option to make a set a sub attendant in this system.

Thanks in Advance
there is no sub attendant on the 3300 like you think of with the 200

tday Offline OP
OP Offline
That is what I thought. So how do I put a call on hold and pick it up from another station?

Thanks in Advance
from the docs, I use group park:

Programming
Class of Service Options form

To allow a user to park calls, enable the Call Park - Allowed to Park option.

Set the Call Park Timer to the required value

To allow a user to join a call on Consultation Hold A form of temporary hold. It is used to put a second party on hold while the first party is speaking (consulting) with a third party, or wants to temporarily isolate the second party from conversation. Also known as Soft Hold. with a call that they parked and then retrieved, enable Broker's Call. The calls are joined after the user hangs up.

Call Park form.

Associate a park destination directory number with either Loudspeaker Paging or a Direct Page. When users park a call on the directory number, the system automatically connects them to paging. They can then announce the call for the requested party to pick up.

Program Call Park time out handling.

System Options form
To provide music on hold to the parked caller, enable "Music On Hold". In a clustered environment, also set "Local Music on Hold Source" in the Class of Service of the parker and incoming trunks to "Yes" if you want the parked caller to hear music from the parker's node or "No" to hear it from the park destination's node. See the table above for further clarification.

Feature Access Codes form
Assign feature access codes to Call Park and Call Park - Retrieve if required.

Multiline Set Keys form.
Assign Call Park, Call Park - Retrieve, and Group Park to feature keys if required.

NOTE: You can also program Call Park, Call Park Retrieve, and Group Park keys using Superkey; see Feature Keys for more information on Superkey programming.

To park an active call:

Do one of the following:

Press the Call Park feature key (must be programmed)

Press Trans/Conf or , and then dial the Call Park feature access code.

Dial the directory number on which to park the call or press the corresponding DSS key (not required if the DN is programmed to the Call Park feature key).

On large display phones, the name or number of the parked caller is shown (if available), followed by the park destination and parking spot index (if applicable). Example: John Smith> @1234 @02. Small display phones show PARKED@ 1234 @ 02.

NOTE: Because the Superset 420 display is limited to 16 characters per row, "PARKED@" is not shown to allow room for the parking slot index.

To inform a user that a parked call is waiting, do one of the following:

If automatic paging is enabled, announce the call and the park retrieve digits shown on the display.

If automatic paging is disabled:

hang up or press Cancel

press the programmed Page key or dial the equivalent feature access code

dial the park destination DN

announce the call and park retrieve digits that were displayed BEFORE you hung up or pressed Cancel.

To retrieve a parked call:

Do one of the following:

Dial the Call Park - Retrieve feature access code

Press the Call Park - Retrieve feature key (must be programmed)

Dial the directory number on which the call is parked or press the corresponding DSS key (not required if the DN is programmed to the Call Park feature key).
When prompted to enter the Parking Slot, enter the two-digit index number to retrieve a specific call or # to retrieve the longest parked call.

To park a call using Group Park:

Press the Group Park feature key.

To retrieve a call parked using Group Park:

Press the flashing Group Park feature key.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024