web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#59011 02/17/08 02:59 AM
OP Offline
Every few months in our call center we get a phone that will have anywhere from 1 to 3 lines blinking as though they are on a call.

If I remember some things work as though there is no call but incoming calls definitely will not come in.

Inter-Tel tech support has told us to down the cabinet that holds the card that services that extension and bring it back up. Everything resets and we are fine.

But that seems like removing a single weed with a back hoe.

What other troubleshooting/repair steps can I take?

I've seen one other "blinking line" on the forum but those steps also seemed a bit drastic (removing and readding the phone).

Bob Crane
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Bob,
I have 2 phones here in the shop (5000 V2.3) that do the same thing. I have been all over the place to narrow down the root cause of this problem. Some things that I have done/eliminated:
-Replaced/swapped the endpoints, it is NOT the phones
-Updated firmware on the endpoints, this makes absolutely no differnece, in fact it will still do it if I install an 8660 (different light patterns however same result)
-This issue is definitely coming from call processing, in fact you can see the event occuring by looking at the CPH files
-It is not a PoE issue, we run Catalyst 3750s and I have monitored the ports and swapped ports with known good ones
-It is not happening via any 3rd party OAI call control, the endpoints having the issue no longer have Unified Communicator or any other CT app capable of performing call control.
-It is not a wiring issue, both endpoints have been moved in recent months to other areas of the building with no change
-I have found that there is a triggering event that instigates this. If I reboot an affected set, the problem goes away until I place an IC call to that set, this triggers the lights to come on. The lights that do come on vary, sometimes it is Call 1, Call 2 and IC, other times it could be just the IC light. Incidentally the phone still operates fine other than if Call 1 is lit, placing an outbound call will grab another call key, say Call 2.
My search for an answer continues...If you figure it out let me know

ShoreTel, Inter-Tel, Mitel, NEC, Zeacom, Cisco, Digium, Adtran Certified
http://www.voipnetworkengineering.blogspot.com
I had the same issue when I changed from an 8500 to 8560, some feature in the flags have to be disabled. This resolved the issue.

Rothman, what flags?

I blew away the users phone in the DB, recreated it and the problem is gone (for now at least). I still want to know specifically what happened. They mystery lives on.

It will come back, I'm sure of that. What version is call processing? There are a few builds which address this very issue.

60% of the time it works every time
Have had a similar problem with 8520's. This was a while ago and was because of the chip under the little door on the back of the phone not being seated from the factory all the way. Any sensation of the chip moving in was enough to have caused our problems. It would cause this customers call keys to light without a call and stay that way. After a day or so the problem would start escalating into bizarre display errors/info, making its own calls, etc.
Sent a lot of phones back before figuring it out. Intertel kept taking 'em back though.

i had the same issue with a 8560 deleting the extention and moving to a different port fixed the problem it was on a cps version 9.126

Mine was not a build issue, this user's phone had done it through multiple upgrades from 1.25 through 2.3 where we are now.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,202 Shoretel
188,992 CTX100 install
187,380 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nortelvoip), 125 guests, and 359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024