web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
I would agree with comments above keep the partner ,clean up the wires ,get refurb sets a off you go.
It happens here all the time ,restaurants beat the crap out
of phones and just keep replacing.
I have several restaurants and pizza places.
The pizzas have 6 buttons up front ,kitchen,salad area ,counter
in dining room and 18d in office with speed dials to suppliers
on buttons.The 6 buttons are all restricted and owners have codes for out dialing.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
I think I would agree, if the Ayaya is still working ok, then a 4-line phone does not seem like a cost effective replacement. Phone replacement is about the same or more then replacing an Avaya handset, especially with a refurb handset.

A simple 2 line phone would cost less if he doesn't need any PBX functionality. When looking at the site, I did see a new 2-line phone in the managers office (don't remember the model). The office Avaya phone was not working so they had this one plugged in. Turned out it was the line cord.

I will give the customer some choices. Thanks again.

I did not which Partner model it was. I saw it at an angle. It did not look like an ACS model. It was the processor card only, and it was almond color.

Lol! Every Partner module looks like that. If it wasn't an ACS it had to be a 206, the Baby Partner or the first Partner processor made. No CID and few features depending on the release. Economical upgrade would be to an ACS R6 since the R7s (you don't want an R7) and the R8s are scarce right now because they are all out there in use.

When looking at the site, I did see a new 2-line phone in the managers office (don't remember the model). The office Avaya phone was not working so they had this one plugged in.

I'm sure they're happy with the way that works. crazy No wonder they want a new system.

-Hal

OP Offline

Lol! Every Partner module looks like that. If it wasn't an ACS it had to be a 206, the Baby Partner or the first Partner processor made. No CID and few features depending on the release. Economical upgrade would be to an ACS R6 since the R7s (you don't want an R7) and the R8s are scarce right now because they are all out there in use.

True, but some of the newer ACS models look grey. This one was the same almond color, but it was also discolored like I see with the old Avaya models.

I was mostly there to offer advice, even though I did fix the phone in the manager's office. The way the card was installed I would have had to get on a latter and use a mirror or my phone's selfie camera. Getting the processor version did not seem as important at the time, since they were asking about replacing the phones.

Also, I should avoid R7? Good to know.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
An R7 processor can be flash upgraded to an R8. The last revision of the R7 processor was the best of them. The R8 was better still.

I Love FEATURE 00
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
just from a price perspective I would go with a 6

(I was recently in a place that had a partner two but all the modules had been painted gray by a re-ferber to look like ACS . I did a double take on that one)

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Ok, I see what you are saying about the plastic color. It is true that the newer mod clamshells were gray but that didn't start with the introduction of the ACS. I have seen plenty of ACSs and mods of the same vintage that were almond. Probably a good trivia question would be when and who (Lucent or Avaya) changed to gray.

With refurbished it's what color paint they have.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
"With refurbished it's what color paint they have."

LOL!!!

Tennessee Technology Solutions, LLC | "Business technology solutions reimagined." | (423) 665-9995 | www.423tech.com
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Feature 59 will get you the release on any ACS.

I just threw out a bunch of 18 button phones!

I don't think a 4 line phone would hold up as good as a Partner phone. Then when you need a new one they don't make it any more and the new model does not want to jive with the old.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,285
Posts638,781
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,758 Shoretel
188,951 CTX100 install
187,190 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 88 guests, and 174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024