web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Using a Mitel SX200 (the very old model- not an ML/EL/ICP). A voicemail card was not possible for this model, so we had been using a OS/2 Active Voice Repartee (7.48) for our voicemail. The key dongle is no longer functional, so we are in a situation where we have to replace this unit on a very limited budget. I have a 4 port Active Voice Lingo (AV1400)- which will definitely handle the job as far as ports and mailbox capacity (only 10 needed). But I have a question to connectivity to the Mitel SX200. The Repartee voicemail unit connected via COV- which is definitely the preferred method. My question is- is the AV1400 capable of this connection? I can not seem to find spec info for this model, as it is older tech. Can anyone confirm the compatibility for me?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

where to start?

Yes, you can use a Lingo with a Mitel. I'm guessing that you either have the SX 200 for LW 15/16 that looked like a set of computer towers or you have the SX 200 A/D that looked like a small refrigerator.

What you'll need are several analog ports. Put them into a hunt group, and give the pilot an easy-to-remember name. Let's say that the pilot is 350.

Then create two abbreviated dial bins, one for leaving the voicemail, and one for retrieving it. If the Abbreviate Dial code is 22, then those might be 222 and 223.

So, in bin 2, which users will get when they dial 222, you put

350 *9 ** *6 Which is * .

In bin 3, you put

350 *9 # *6 Which should attempt to log a person into the mailbox for the extension from which you're calling.

You forward extensions CFBNA to 222, and to retrieve messages, people dial 223.

It should work. you may have to move around the *9 (pause).

The ONS ports will have some COS entries that are peculiar to voice mail as well.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
Going off memory here, so forgive me if I err:

I believe that Lingos had 50 mailboxes, maximum.

Also, there were rumors that no Lingo had actually ever been licensed for use in North America directly, and that those in circulation were third-market imports from overseas. That was rumor, FWIW.

They can be accessed for programming, as you know, through cosessions.

OP Offline
Thanks for the reply. The technician said that the Lingo is not compatible with my Mitel 200sx pbx. He said that no mitel models are compatible because there are no 4 digit Mitel integration "Lingo" codes listed in the technician guide. I have a hard time believing this to be the case, as Mitel certainly was a very popular pbx during the time the Lingo was released, and my VERY old Repartee unit had no problem connecting to the Mitel. Do you think even though there isn't a Mitel coded listed, there is a compatible code that might be sort of "universal"?

OP Offline
Thanks for the reply. The technician said that the Lingo is not compatible with my Mitel 200sx pbx. He said that no mitel models are compatible because there are no 4 digit Mitel integration "Lingo" codes listed in the technician guide. I have a hard time believing this to be the case, as Mitel certainly was a very popular pbx during the time the Lingo was released, and my VERY old Repartee unit had no problem connecting to the Mitel. Do you think even though there isn't a Mitel coded listed, there is a compatible code that might be sort of "universal"?

The tech did not seem very inclined to attempt the steps you laid out. :O(

Well, the technician is technically correct: There's no preset integration for SX200 on Lingo. But if you do it the way I told you to, it should work, even though it's not supposed to.

It's a workaround and it's on the cheap, so what you do would depend on your budget, obviously. It would be better to buy a Repartee, which has preset integration codes for Mitel. But I'd try what I just laid out for you.

We would certainly like to know the exact model. It is possible that some type of analog integration can be accomplished.

OP Offline
The pbx is a very old Mitel sx200 - 9110 series. Have an analog cabinet and digital cabinet.

Okay then analog integration won't work unless you have a special control card that has the feature. Both Dean and Teltronics made some but Dean got sued and if there card it can't be enabled. Don't know if Teltroics is still around. You will need to go COV for it to work IMHO

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Curlycord, Yoda, Toner), 143 guests, and 239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024