Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Cepega Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi,

I am running IP Office R9.0 on IP500 V2 with mostly Meridian M7324 phones.

The issue recently came up as to how to transfer a caller directly someones voicemail without ringing the extension itself prior to VM picking up.

Can someone please shine some sunlight on the matter at hand?

Thanks

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Cepega Offline OP
OP Offline
I've tried some options found online like pressing transfer button then # then desired extension and transfer again to complete, it seems as the call is being transferred by the one ring and then voicemail picks up with generic greeting, leaving voicemail works fine. The problem after that is that I am not able to find that message anywhere in the extension it was transferred to.

Cepega Offline OP
OP Offline
The short code that was there was already setup in the manner described except for the "Telephone Number" field had "#"#N in it.
I changed the values as described in the post to no available.

Is there a way I can designate the buttons function just for that purpose, just hit the button and extension? and not mess with the "transfer","#","extension # in form of xxx", "transfer" button steps , which seems not to be working properly at the moment.

Thanks

I haven't enough experience with the Avaya IPO500 to say,, but i think you make the button a # key and label it VM Transfer and enable 1 touch dialing,, and or try dialing ext. or press Dss button and hangup. I just have a basic ip500 not the essential with short codes.Did you try voicemail collect *17 ?

Last edited by ATechguy; 08/11/15 05:31 PM.
Cepega Offline OP
OP Offline
I do not have the experience with the Avaya either, but from the thing I've been trying with different codes like with # it seems to transfer, voice mail picks up and greets, you talk into and then either hang up of press # at the end to send the message and think everything is fine and dandy, but the voicemail never arrives at the destination.
When I was testing out *17 it would just take me to the VM of the user who is trying to get rid of the call. When dialing *17 it just goes directly into VM, and if you'd be able to dial the desired extension into it would ask for the login info like you're trying to access VM remotely to get the voicemails off of it.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
You should have a short code:
#XXX/"#"N/Voicemail collect/line group 0
One X for every digit of your dial plan.
Then, with the caller on, press TRANSFER # and the Ext Number

Cepega Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you guys for the help, I'll try to give it a roll for the latest suggestion tomorrow in the morning when back at the office.

Cepega Offline OP
OP Offline
Yep, that did it !!!! Thank You Mongo5150 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are using visual voicemail, you can also utilize the messages key to transfer callers into mailboxes as well.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,312 CTX100 install
187,087 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, JBean3329), 167 guests, and 294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024