web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#591823 08/06/15 08:38 AM
OP Offline
Our system's floppy drive damaged the floppy disk that starts up the system. Does anyone know where/how to get another copy? I have another system in a different location, but when I put the floppy in to make a copy it shows no data on it. Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Originally Posted by Rich Pekarsky
Our system's floppy drive damaged the floppy disk that starts up the system. Does anyone know where/how to get another copy? I have another system in a different location, but when I put the floppy in to make a copy it shows no data on it. Thanks

I apologize in advance that this answer is really not going to help you at all but the hard drive died in my Nitsuko voicemail in my office which was basically a modified 386 computer(piece of junk). I believe this was a very expensive piece of equipment at the time.

Anyway, I tried to simple get another copy of the software or a replacement hard drive for the voicemail.

It was almost like they had outsourced it to a 3rd party. The guy they referred me to for " technical support" was this obnoxious greedy old man who kept trying to sell me even more expensive voicemail. I politely told him that I was not interested and when back and asked for a proper technical support not a aggressive pushy used car salesman for newer and more expensive equipment. That greedy old man called me up and was furious and said " someone called Nistusko and said I was aggressive and trying to push them into new equipment and not providing any technical support, do you know who that was who called. I told him I did not have a clue.

Very bad experience all away around. Anyway, I think I finally got the software from a friendly person online but ended up just buying a different machine. It was nice to know I could have repaired it if I needed to. This was maybe 15 years ago or longer. Anyway,I wish you good luck. I hope there is a helpful person on here that can help you because I know I did not have much luck asking Nitsuko for help.

Last edited by raidsystemtech; 08/13/15 03:39 AM.
The 384i has been EOL for some time. The disks are I BELIEVE an rmx format disk. The only way to get a new disk is to find one or call NEC. I was able to get new software a few years back when I did a PRI upgrade for some really old 384i's. They may not be supporting it as it's way EOL. You might try secondary market but make sure you know your software level as it can be important. You might get lucky and the onboard memory may still have your database on it. Floppy disks are only rated for so many read writesso be aware. You really should replace that system FYI. Good Luck!

Moderated by  JWRacedog 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,311 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (James D.), 82 guests, and 304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024