web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#592718 09/09/15 10:58 AM
OP Offline
Team,

I just installed a summit in a hotel with 52 SLT's and 1 MBX22 for the front desk. Customer want to have a mobile device ring as well as the front desk when someone calls the front desk which is X300. I have heard about this mobile app. But besides sales literature I cannot find any tech info on it. Some one said the app was on the USB stick provided by Mario when trained, but I don't see it on that stick. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Thanks and have a great day!!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The programming information was included on the flash drive inside the power point training presentation. PGM 443 is the place where you register the smartphone or Iphone. The downloadable software is available from Google Play store and wherever you get Apple aps...I don't use an Iphone.

You will need a public IP...the communicator function is not supported behind NAT, in other words, it isn't going to work behind a Sonic wall or router. The Summit CPU ip address has to hang on the public side of any internet connection.

Once this is all installed and the Smartphone has an extension number from the Summit, you can program the cell to ring like any other extension.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Was wondering if you got the mobile app working? I have been able to get the app working off my wifi, but not on the public cell network. I was programming something else to get it to work on the cellular network and it all stopped. Now putting the info back in after a default. It has been a protracted experience to say the least.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Is your wifi behind NAT? Remember the Summit needs a static public ip if you want to reach it outside your network.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Originally Posted by Derrick
You will need a public IP...the communicator function is not supported behind NAT, in other words, it isn't going to work behind a Sonic wall or router. The Summit CPU ip address has to hang on the public side of any internet connection.

Not true. Just need to forward the correct ports. Communicator is the old app, Ipecs UCS client is used now, uses different ports also. The list of ALL ports for the Summit are available on the ftp site. I have the list needed for the ipecs ucs mobile client if anyone wants it can pm me.

Last edited by dtcd21; 10/08/15 08:54 PM.
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The following ports must be open on the firewall itself for the Summit to work properly over the
internet. Contact the appropriate IT personnel to have these ports opened.
TCP 1720 IP networking
UDP 5060 SIP networking
UDP 7000-7023 Audio and video on locally-originated calls
UDP 7100-7123 Audio and video on remotely-originated calls
UDP 7300-7323 H.323 & SIP networking audio
UDP 9200-9211 t.38 relay ports for H.323/SIP devices

Unless there has been a change, Vertical does not officialy support running the UCS client or Communicator behind NAT. That is what tech support told me but it has been awhile.

Last edited by Derrick; 10/09/15 06:25 AM.

www.myrandomviews

Ok, there seems to be much conflicting information. I can understand this because it is hard to get one single definitive answer. I am trying to run the UCS client on a static IP behind a router. The port forwarding seems to be the problem, but I haven't been able to nail it down. Derrick's ports don't seem to be the answer. The ports Derrick mentioned seem to be for the IPECS Communicator. Different for the UCS app. But maybe if I try it without the router. Beats me, I'll try.

I know this is old but I want to clarify for others who might find it in the future. UCS mobile and the old communicator app do work with proper port forwarding. The summit does NOT need to be on the public side of the firewall. As far as which ports the tech doc on the ftp server seems to be incomplete so I can't say for sure which ports are truly needed for ucs. My hail mary fix was to forward 1720-9999 and cover them all and it has been working fine. I also have been using intermedia sip trunks through the firewall without a hitch.

Here is a list of the ports for anyone wondering..they all are listed on the ftp doc, had to watch my firewall to gather the correct ones but was easy enough.

5003 isn't necessary for ucs but it will give you access remotely to trace logs. If customer has credit card through the network this will get flagged for plain text and they will fail their accreditation. A few of the ports aren't necessary for standard ucs client but really doesn't hurt to just forward them anyway (80-82 and one or two more that I forget off the top of my head).

UDP
7000-7330

TCP/UDP
80-82
25054-25060

I just set one up behind a firewall that already had port forwarding used for another device and it was a cheap router with only a few forwarding fields left so i had to get creative to get ucs mobile to work. The bare minimum (for ucs standard with no video) was 5588, 7000-7330 and 8899. It works without 8899 but the presence data doesn't sync. Fun fun fun

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 152 guests, and 239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024