Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#593151 09/23/15 04:57 PM
Toolie Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a UX5000 with a new PRI where the customer is trying to have some desk sets forwarded of premise to cell phones. When the calls dial out - they are getting an error message from the carrier network - invalid number, etc.

I am suspecting that the system is dialing out so quickly that the PRI has not supplied the dial tone before the first digit or two are dialed.

I am looking for the easiest way to correct that - assuming I am right.

To do the call forwars, I have programmed a function key on the phone set to DSS/One touch with the complete dial string - command to forward, trunk access code, and number to be dialed.

Looks like this: *4695551234

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Program one manually to see if it's just the key.

IE
Call 1
9+number
Hold

I don't remember if you need the 9 though.

With a PRI sometimes it has to do with invalid CID being forwarded

Last edited by Coral Tech; 09/23/15 08:13 PM.
I want to forward all call an incoming call to mobile number but it s not work. Our system is NEC SV9100/SV8100

The system have analog trunk, and the customer need the incoming call will forward to his mobile number out of working.

Can you give me an advise?

Last edited by Thinh; 11/12/15 08:54 PM.

Thinh
If you are looking to forward all calls on an incoming trunk, the best way is to use the carriers call forwarding if available. Go off hook on the line, dial *72, then the mobile number. Going off hook and dialing *73 cancels the forwarding.

St Petersburg
Dear RonP,

we have 16 analog trunk, and when out of working time, they need the incoming call will route direct to mobile phone number.
I just set an number 1000( then set forward all call to mobile phone for this number at 24-09).

Then I set night mode for out of working hours, automatic for switching.

Thinh
Your problem is that analogue trunks do not give a clear down signal so the two trunks lock up to each other. So after a few calls, no more are possible without manually releasing them.

I may be corrected though as there may be a setting where the trunks will forcibly clear down after a given period, but I will leave that to those more versed in these systems.

Well, thats a whole 'nother ball game. The extension with the forwarding must have call forward off premise enabled in its class of service. The trunks must be set up for tandem trunking. And if I'm not mistaken, there is a timer which sets how long a forwarded call can go for before the system disconnects.
In other words, its not a straight forward process.

St Petersburg
This should not be difficult at all. A default system with analog trunks that provide disconnect signal should be fine and not lock up. Just note that the cell will see caller ID of the analog line, not of the original caller.

For the COS the user is in (1 by default for all users except first extension in COS 15) enable 20-11-12 for call-forward off-premise.

Then use 24-09 to set forward or dial 741 on phone to forward.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,795
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,352 Shoretel
189,007 CTX100 install
187,392 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 141 guests, and 388 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024