web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hello.

Does anyone else here think that Avaya is in Hollywood's pocket?

It seem like every time I watch a movie or TV show, I see avaya IP phones in them.

It does not matter if its Arrested development, the whole 10 years(in dentist office), Alias or 24. Those avaya phone are pretty much on every new show you watch on TV.

Also, every show or movie has an Apple computer in it. This is kind of ironic because I don't know a single person who uses an apple in real life.

Independence day was on TV the other day and I'm suppose to believe than an apple computer is compatible with alien technology!!! Apple computers aren't even compatible with EARTH TECHNOLOGY!

Come on now.

Anyway, maybe I should tell Avaya that I'm producing a film and see if they will send me a few boxes of those IP phones. What do you think?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

lol......

[Linked Image from phototiki.com]
Be careful, the cult of the one button mouse (Apple users) might attack...

Joe
---
No trees were harmed as a result of this posting; however, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
I knew it!

I've noticed for years now that Apple users were a bit different. Now we know why! [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

I'm trying to come up with a crack about Steve Jobs, but I just can't seem to come up with anything. He must be doing some sort of mind control to protect his image. Lol.

KLD Offline
The only people I've seen use Apple are NASA engineers (rocket scienctists) and artists (really sign designers). The weird people with wide bridges between their brain halves and are usually left handed.
So, how ya doin', Lefty?

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Ken
---------
Yes, Apples always were favored by graphics and Photoshop users. That's because Apple used to be able to do things with these applications that a PC couldn't but that isn't the case today. Even so, old habits die hard and these people are probably the only ones who buy Apples.

Apple also donates their machines to schools in the hopes that kids will learn on them and then get their parents to buy them for home. Same thing for product placements in movies.

Neither Avaya or Apple is "in hollywood's pocket". Product placement is a form of advertising and I can assure you that they pay big money to have their products displayed.

Question is why is Avaya promoting the hell out of this thing? Could it be because of what we all know- they spent big $$$ developing this thing and nobody wants it?

-Hal

[This message has been edited by hbiss (edited May 03, 2005).]

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
I do see a lot of Avaya. Then on top of it if you arent familiar with the design they add a big AVAYA sticker so you know for sure. I see lots of Cisco phones here lately. Last but not least The Simpsons uses an animated model of a Toshiba phone.

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
AT&T, eh..I mean Lucent, wait..I mean Avaya, has always had their fingers in the market. Yep Independance Day had a MAC, and an MLX phone too.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
I always thought that the prop people got the cheapest thing they could get. You can't get cheaper than out of a dumpster.

I have noticed this Avaya thing on tv over the years as well. What drives me nuts is the on the show "Las Vegas", they have Cisco phones, but they use an old TIE ring tone. I know you can use a .wav file and have any ring you want, but the TIE ring doesn't seem right!!

I thought you said that your system was down...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024