web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hey guys,

My name is Marco live in Cologne/Germany, and i am 27 years old. I am a fan of american telephones and pbx systems, have become in the last days two Western Electric 851CM wall sets! I will now use the wall set, with single line without the 1A2 pbx system!

What i must make to use the phone with one line, and without the pbx system? Where i must connecting the line cables A/B, in the wall phone?

Best Regards

Marco from Cologne Germany!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
I'll need to go find the prints for the phone, but, as I recall the 851 was a 5 line rotary set without a mounting cord.

Without a 1A2 Key System Unit you will not be able to get lights and hold, but you will be able to talk on the phone.

You need to connect the A/B line cable (what we call T/R [Tip and Ring] here in the States) to the White/Blue & Blue/White wires. They should be the first pair on the left hand block on the inside of the phone.

I will have to check the prints to be sure and that may take me a little time.

I worked with Telefunken und Normalzeit equipment a very, very long time ago and, if my memory is still accurate they used 50 cycle ringers. Here we use 20 cycle. I'm not sure what type of ringing signal your exchange generates, but ringing the bell in the phone may not work. We can try though.

I'll get back to you in a day or so.

Hopefully Ed or Arthur will pop in and they're more familiar with the 851 then I am.

Cheers, Marco!

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
OP Offline
Good Morning Sam,

Many thanks for your answer, hope my English is ok for you that's my old school English, but i right often in English telephone groups and so smile

When i open the housing, see on the left side a big black block with screws and cables, don't see a White/Blue & Blue/White wire. On the back side of the front side, is a white block but here don't this wires?

See a big blue plug place, i think this is the plug to go the 1A2 system.

[Linked Image from bilder-upload.eu]

Have make a few pictures to show what i mean, ingenious would be the original 1A2 PBX system. See 2-3 PBX systems on Ebay.com, but the shipping cost are very high, and the price not are inexpensive.

Regards Marco

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Hello, Marco and welcome:

The CM series phones require a 25 pair cable with a female 'Amphenol' type connector to interface with the phone. If you don't have access to this cable, you can certainly make your connections inside of the phone, but it will mean that you will be damaging the original wiring of it. If you are willing to do this, here's what you will need to do:

(Note: Without a KSU (Key Service Unit), you will not have the hold function or flashing lamp on incoming calls).

1. Locate the white/blue and blue/white wires on the 25 pair connector inside of the phone. If you want the phone to also ring, locate the yellow/slate (gray) and slate/yellow pair of wires. Connect your phone line to both of these pairs.

2. If you would like for the line button to light when you are using the phone, locate the white/orange, orange/white, white/green and green/white wire pairs.

3. Obtain a power supply that provides 10-12 volts AC or DC.

4. Connect the white/orange wire to the green/white wire inside the phone.

5. Connect one wire from the power supply to the phone's orange/white wire. Connect the other wire from the power supply to the phone's white/green wire

With this arrangement, the button for line 1 will illuminate when you use the handset, but that is all. I am in agreement that the ringer might not work for you since they use a different frequency, but it will not harm anything if you try.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
Hey Ed,

Many thanks for your very good statement! The german problem with the different ringer voltage, is not a problem i use to home a Siemens HiPath 3350 PBX system, and in the power supply of the PBX, has you a switch to change the ringer voltage. All my other 500DM tablehones, working very nice with the very nice ring tone!

I look later for the two wires "White/Blue and Blue/White", have test today on the back side of the phone, a few combinations and have hear the dial tone but the hookswitch don't use. I think that was the false combinations of wires!

I think i will don't use the Line lamps, and will easy talk with the phone. Have you a hint find a 1A2 PBX, for my collection with 1-2 table phones. Search also a guy he can send me so a 1A2 to Germany, than i can use the phone complete!

Regards

Marco

Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Thanks, Ed. I thought the 851 was the model with the mini 66 blocks inside it. Obviously not.

Marco, A small 1A2 system probably weighs 10 kg and is designed for 120V AC. Expensive to ship. Expensive to retrofit for 240V AC.

Sometimes American companies shipped 1A2 systems to their overseas offices. Check your local eBay site. Maybe you can find one there.

Sam

OP Offline
I check the German ebay day for day, for american telephones und PBX systems. The phones for the 1A2 system, find you often in Germany but not the PBX for this phones, this is the big problem. I must pay a 1A2 on the US ebay, and then must pay so 200-300 Dollar.

Have connect now the White/Blue and Blue/White pair, i can dial and have the dial tone, works perfect but the ringer don't ring. Have connected the "White/Blue with Yellow/Grey" and "Blue/White with Grey/Yellow", i hope this is so correct?

Have become a Box the name is "Call Announcer" from 1975, is this a loud speaker for a 500DM tabletelephone?

Marco

Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
OK. The 851 A&B DID have the 66 blocks inside, the 851 C did away with them. I'm not crazy, I'm just old.

Marco - The Yellow/Slate [Grey] and Slate[grey]/Yellow wires connect back to the bell after a capacitor (which keeps the bell from holding up the line). If it's not ringing then a: either the bell is defective or b: the bell won't operate on European ringing frequencies.

The Call Announcer is a hands-free talkback box that was part of an ITT 1A2 system. It requires a separate, rather fancy intercom system to fully function. It is NOT a loudspeaker for a 500set. That unit was a model 107 called either a Spokesman by Western Electric or an Orator by ITT.

Sam

OP Offline
Ahh Thanks Sam to say what is the "Call Announcer" good but don't can use this speaker and think sell it on Ebay Germany. Maybe can use a other people this speaker, for his 1A2 system smile

Have connect all wires, you have say but the telephone don't ring. I think the voltage is here to little for the ringer, but all my other 500DM ring perfect. Can use on my PBX "50 Hz, 25 Hz and 20 Hz" on 50 Hz don't ring the 500DM on 25 and 20 ring it perfect.

I think the ringer is not ok, have open the phone and look at the ringer but he don't moves it. Must test the second wall set, and look the ringer works.

Marco

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,765
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,446 Shoretel
188,305 CTX100 install
187,082 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (aweaver, Professor Shadow), 160 guests, and 284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024