web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#597381 01/26/16 03:49 PM
OP Offline
I am setting up my first summit 80. The problem is not actually auto hold, but it is close. I have my lines button mapped to 1,2 and 3. If I am off hook on CO 1, and press the button for CO 2, it puts line one on hold, then if I just hang up, its like it is doing a line to line transfer. How can I disable that. If I am on one line and push another, I want it to disconnect the first line.

Scotty Woods
Installation Technician
N.E.T. Systems
Blytheville, Arkansas
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Station attributes II (pgm 112) flex button 2....turns auto hold on/off but the default is supposed to be off.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
OP Offline
I had found that, and it is off. I found this in the F&O manual, but it only makes reference to it, not where to find the feature. I think this is what I am looking for.

2.41.1 Automatic Hold
Description
While on an active outside call, the system will place the call on hold automatically if you press the [FLASH], [CONF], {DSS/BLF} or other feature buttons. In addition, your station can be programmed to support Line to Line Automatic Hold. In this case, pressing an outside Line button while on an outside call will place the active call on hold and access the selected Line.

I have defaulted the system and it does it right out of the box....

Scotty Woods
Installation Technician
N.E.T. Systems
Blytheville, Arkansas
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
I don't think you can change line-to-line hold. If you can, I haven't found the setting.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The only auto hold is the one I described. It is the feature you found in the F and O manual. In the A&P guide it is described like this:

Pgm 112 Button 2
Enables Auto Hold for the station. With Auto Hold enabled, the system will place an active external call on hold if the user presses a CO/IP or DSS button.

Since it defaults off try turning it on....maybe it works backwards from what we think.

Last edited by Derrick; 01/27/16 09:47 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

OP Offline
I tried turning it on and it does not affect what I am dealing with. What happens is if you switch to another line, it puts the first line on what I would call exclusive hold, it is lit steady red on the other phones, then if you release the second line, it joins them together in a conference situation. The lights are steady red and you can not get back into the call on either line. You just have to wait for it to timeout, I guess, and it will release them. Is anyone else experiencing this? I have upgraded to the latest software per Vertical's suggestion, but it has not made any difference.

Scotty Woods
Installation Technician
N.E.T. Systems
Blytheville, Arkansas
Yes, I see it happening, but have never had any complaints.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Its simple, best hit the switchhook before selecting a different line key. Auto hold defaults to ON for the attendant OFF for all other stations.

Last edited by Derrick; 01/29/16 08:21 PM.

www.myrandomviews

Unfortunately, the auto hold setting doesn't change it.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
You can do an off net transfer...co to co unless off net forward is disabled which may control this as well. Just a guess pgm 111 button 14

www.myrandomviews

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 116 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024