Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#59765 05/22/08 05:34 AM
Paul TA Offline OP
OP Offline
I am hoping someone here will be able to help me. My company has an Inter-tel system, with Eclipse2 phones. It has been a long time since we have made any changes to the greeting messages (i.e. daytime message, nighttime message, etc), and no one here remembers how they were changed last time. To top it off, we don't have a manual (that we can find) for the system either. I do have access to DB Studio, and can see the messages listed there, their length, etc. But, I cannot find any place within DB Studio or within the phone menu's to change the messages.

Could someone please tell me how to change these messages or at least point me in the right direction?

TIA

-paul
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#59766 05/22/08 07:08 AM
Outgoing voicemail messages are recorded thru the system admin mailbox. You should be able to access the system admin mailbox by dialing the appropriate voicemail application number while the phone is idle or hitting the feature key on the phone programmed for voicemail access. You will access the system admin just like any other mailbox on the system you will of course need to know what your system admin mailbox number is plus the access code. In addition you will need to know the numbers for the audiotex recordings associated with your day and night applications, you will be prompted to enter them for listening and re-recording once you've accessed the appropriate menu option for message recording in system admin. Lastly if you plan on sending callers to different extensions/applications to match your new recordings then are currently programmed as menu choices for the existing recordings you will need to make these choice changes thru the db studio. If all you are doing is changing hours of operation etc. then you won't have to make any changes in db studio.

#59767 05/22/08 09:33 AM
Paul TA Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the reply. I checked in DB Studio, and one of the extensions listed was labeled "admin", so I reset its password, and checked it mailbox menu, but did not hear anything related to what you said. I'm guessing this was not really the admin mailbox you were talking about. Is there any way within DB Studio to find out the admin mailbox number? We only have 30 mailboxes, and most of the others are assigned to people. Could one of the people also be using the admin mailbox? Or is this not normally assigned to a particular phone?

Again, thank you for your help!

-paul
#59768 05/22/08 09:54 AM
Mailboxes will be under Voice Processor and the admin mailbox may be given the description of admin but it has to be programmed as a system admin mailbox in the Voice Processor side of the programming. It is possible but I really doubt it normally it would be setup as a stand alone. Once you enter the system admin mailbox many of the prompts will sound similar to a standard mailbox however it will usually give you some system info when first log in.

#59769 05/23/08 01:12 AM
Paul TA Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks again. I went to the "admin" mailbox, and it is different, as it tells me that the hard disk's percentage full. That's a good thing. However, the menu options after that are the exact same as my own mailbox. I can send a message to another phone, change personal options, or change message options (cancel or recover messages). But nothing for changing outgoing messages. Is there a way within DB Studio to turn that feature on? Or, how do I program the mailbox such that it will allow me to change outgoing messages?

Thanks again!

-paul
#59770 05/23/08 04:57 AM
Well you've gotten to where you need to go, the digit for admin menu access is 9, it's not listed as an option off the main greeting but once you're there you should be able to follow the prompts, good luck.

#59771 05/23/08 06:17 AM
Paul TA Offline OP
OP Offline
THANK YOU!!!!!

-paul

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,461 Shoretel
188,326 CTX100 install
187,093 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 93 guests, and 295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024