Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#598155 02/19/16 09:42 PM
Test-ok Offline OP
RIP Admin-Founder
OP Offline
RIP Admin-Founder
Whats your thoughts on the 2016 election, with all the stuff in the news and debates and town halls you can't help but see and read about it, well I can't.

So far I like Trump, I believe it's the change this country needs.

Atcom VoIP Demo
VoIP Demo
I like the dialog that Trump has started, forcing the other candidates to talk about issues that they would rather avoid. However, I don't really think he is presidential material.

Bernie is just scary. I work hard for a living, and would prefer that my money not be handed over to those too lazy to to do the same.

Will Hillary be in jail by the general election? Time will tell.

I really wanted the like Jeb. He seems to have done a good job as governor, but just hasn't gained momentum.

Carson is almost as dishonest as Hillary, a real disappointment.

Rubio needs a few more years to grow up and actually accomplish something.

So, that narrows down the list for me.

GO TRUMP!

Trump 2020
Proud 1 star member.
Test-ok Offline OP
RIP Admin-Founder
OP Offline
RIP Admin-Founder
Jeb finally bit the dust, we really didn't need another Bush anyway, the second one was more than enough.
I can't figure out why Cruz is doing so well.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Tom, my take on your question is that Cruz appeals to the religious voters. As you know, even the mere mention of Christianity in the United States has been taboo for the past seven years. Cruz is the only candidate who isn't afraid to mention religion, while the others seem to be skirting the issue.

Cruz is also of Hispanic heritage, which is important to attract the Hispanic voting base that has traditionally been pro-Democrat. Rubio had intended to do this as well, but for some reason, he isn't taking off in popularity with those voters.

I never saw Bush as being a viable candidate. Not so much because of his family heritage. He just doesn't seem to have the ballz to take charge in a stalled matter, which is similar to what we have now. He doesn't have the 'take charge' demeanor that is needed in my mind. Other nations, especially our enemies have been laughing at us for years. We can't afford another four years of that.

The last thing that we need is another President who rules by executive order. But hey, that's just my mind...

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Right or wrong,Executive Orders aren't a new thing.

Retired phone dude
LOL....FDR must have thought congress was on an extended vacation. But, I guess, when you look at all the orders, one has to ask, why? Something is not working properly for all those orders to be issued.

I think the reason people are liking Trump is because he represents something different than the same old thing that all the rest represent. The thing about Trump, in my opinion, is he makes people believe he can get the job done. No BS...just get the job done. All the others have too many ways to side step every issue. Right or wrong, Trump has a strong opinion.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
In the case of FDR, the country was on the brink of social and economic collapse. The mantra was try anything, it just might work. Many of them did work, others were complete failures. It is interesting to note that many of FDRs orders were deemed unconstitutional. By then, the country was on the road to recovery anyway.

Executive Orders have always had their proper place, to establish policy or clarify existing laws. When they're used to do an end run around Congress, it becomes an abuse of power.

Originally Posted by DND ON
Executive Orders have always had their proper place, to establish policy or clarify existing laws. When they're used to do an end run around Congress, it becomes an abuse of power.

And yet all presidents have used them for just that. It's called partisan politics.

Retired phone dude
GO TRUMP!

Trump 2020
Proud 1 star member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics93,830
Posts636,773
Members49,645
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
Today's Birthdays
Florencio, HtownDan, Kerry2362, Lorena Catalan, SWB, telecom5000, Tex Tel Marine
Newest Members
Marjan Shaw, KoolBreeze, PhoneGuy827, julesm, Helen.D
49,645 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
ramo 12
pvj 11
Toner 9
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, Touch Tone Tommy), 167 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: Business Phone Systems | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2023