web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I'm doing some maintenance on a Magix 4 w/ Merlin Messaging. In reviewing settings, I noticed that the "Call Answer Service" Operator extension is set to 768. Looking at the manual, it says this is the default and it is NOT recommended that it be changed.

OK. But what is that supposed to accomplish? I realize there are places that a user can dial Zero while in Merlin Messaging to reach an operator and/or go to a General Delivery mailbox.

But 768 is no where in my Dial Plan. If I try to dial that from a console or desk phone, I reach error tone as soon as I dial the 6 because nothing in the dial plan starts with 76.

Is it safe to change that to 800 to go into the attendant Queue? In night service, an exit by dialing Zero should go to a general delivery mailbox, during the day it should go to the next available QCC.

Any thoughts or experiences with this? Quite frankly, I'm not sure how I didn't notice this when I first set it up. Any guidance or comment is appreciated!

Thanks,
Dylan

Dylan. SATUBAW (Some American techs use BIX as well)!
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
They use 768 BECAUSE it is not in the dial plan - when a call transfers to 768, it actually transfers to the first logical station ID, which is your Operator console. BUT, the call will not be eligible for coverage. Which may not be what you want, so it's perfectly OK to change the CASO to the Operator's extension number, or to the QCC's LDN (you're not really using queue call operators, are you???)

OP Offline
Yes, we talking about the much maligned MLX-20L QCCs here smile

They seem to be dismissed with a derisive snort by other techs. I guess because my original background was with SL-1/Meridian 1 systems, the QCCs are closer to the consoles I was used to with those.

Thanks for the enlightenment on 768. That makes perfect sense the way you described it. To be safe, I'll forward it to 800, the LDN for the queue.

This whole thing started because a new pool, which happens to be a new toll free number, needed to be added. Most of the incoming calls queue to the attendant positions, but the 844 number should go to AA first. So, I've been tinkering with coverage to try to make unanswered calls to the QCCs go to the AA. Previously AA was night service treatment only. I'm learning some new things, so that's a plus.

Thanks for your help!
Dylan

Dylan. SATUBAW (Some American techs use BIX as well)!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,459 Shoretel
188,321 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024