web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#600700 05/13/16 01:23 AM
davetel Offline OP
OP Offline
i put in an sbx 308 with 5 extensions about a year and half ago. they called saying it wont break dialtone at times. i defaulted it but that didnt help. i used nation specific and raised dtmf to acoub about six points. that helped but it still happens about every 30 calls. they get dial tone but from time to time you can dial digit after diget and still have dialtone. seems to happen on all lines and sets. service is now frontier but was verizon. i seemed to be able to break dial every time with my buttset in front of the ksu. any thoughts on this problem. thanks dave

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I encountered something similar one time about a year ago. In this case, we lost one column of digits on all phones (2,5,8 and 0). A reboot fixed this one, but I have no idea what caused it.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
If it worked fine with Verizon but now it doesn't with Frontier that is your solution. Frontier has some very interesting problems. Frontier suffers from a problem called tone twisting...it doesn't recognize the digit as what it is supposed to be so it ignores it. You can test for this problem...does redial or speed dial work as opposed to direct dial? Is it possible that this problem is not on all lines? You could try setting the line type to pol reversal instead of loop start. You can also set the lines to pbx and let the SBX provide the dialtone instead of the telco, then see what happens.

Last edited by Derrick; 05/13/16 11:00 AM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
davetel Offline OP
OP Offline
thank you for all the ideas. going out as soon as i talk to them and i want to try some of these things.

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 116 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024