web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have a MBX/SBX networking scenario through VPNs. it all works, except that after a little while the SBX just "forgets" it has a voip card. Once rebooted, it again works for a while and then it forgets again. System is level 4.0Ad and the VOIB card is 30Ah. any help to keep the VOIB card from disappearing in the system would be greatly appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Can you be a bit more specific about what you mean by forgets? The card no longer appears in the configuration/slot programming or just stops working?

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
OP Offline
the card has stopped working and in the SBX admin programming (PGM101-103) it still shows as being there. however,if you go to remote diagnostics, get in the maint prompt, bs command- it does not show as if it is in the system, slot 10 is empty. once the system is rebooted, everything shows as it should. i can do a bs command and it shows the card, i can do a bs 10 and show me the individual channels,then a little while later...poof, its gone again until I reboot the system again.

OP Offline
also I have two SBX's on this network scenario doing this exact same thing. I noticed too, that upon reboot, it stays "alive" until there is a network calls going through then when the calls are done, the card stops working

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Network errors can cause this. The evidence is that two systems are doing the same thing. What do they have in common? Carrier? Vpn? The card appears to stop working when its ip address fails to reach the network.

Last edited by Derrick; 05/27/16 09:59 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

OP Offline
I do not understand how it could be a network issue that makes the phone system totally "forget" that it has the voip card in it.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Voip cards will go into an OOS state when there is a non functioning ip address or other network problem that disconnects the voip card. In the case of the SBX the card shows as no longer active in the slot. You can't take the remote diagnostics literally...the card is still programmed that is why it "comes back" after a reboot. The reboot also causes the voip card to re-poll its connection to the network. A bunch of network errors during a call could cause this OOS state.

Last edited by Derrick; 06/02/16 04:34 PM.

www.myrandomviews

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,111 Shoretel
187,716 CTX100 install
186,809 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, OBT), 57 guests, and 409 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024