web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#601359 06/04/16 12:29 PM
JTodd Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello All. I am currently trying to network 2 SBX Systems together and have come across an issue when trying to set up the networking numbering plan table. At both sites when logged into the PC ADMIN Software, I am unable to save the IP Address inside of the "IP Info" box. At System A, I have Bin 0 System Usage NET, Number plan Code 1#***, Net CO Group 0, Bin 1 System Usage NET, Number Plan Code 2*** Net CO group 1, DEST MPB Address of System B(SYSTEM B's LAN IP Address) and when I try to enter the VOIB ip into CPN box or First box of the IP Info, it will not update to my table. As far as I can tell everything is programmed as it should. I have followed all of the Documents that show how to program sites together. All firmwares and software versions are the same. Lock keys have been verified on both systems. System A is on numbering plan 1100-1147, Virtual Mail boxes set to 1150-1199, System B is 2100-2147 with Virtual mail boxes set to 2150-2199. Vertical tech support helped me up to this issue but could not help me further since it is not an "Emergency" and I am forced to wait until Monday.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The sites should be connected using the LAN/Voip card ip address not the mpb address. This is unlike the Summit system. You use the mpb address for the blf manager but not for phone calls. The system sees the conflict and that is why it will not update. If you do not have an ip address for your voip cards (and they have their own connection) then you need to get a static ip for each system. This address is entered in the gatekeeper settings field along with the subnet, gateway, and dns address if on the public network.

Also the net group to call another system should be the actual group (for the other site) group 0 is for the extensions on the local system..the next group should be the actual group your voip trunks are in...not group 1 that is usually the local lines whether they are cos or pri trunks. The documentation/training is a bit vague about that. In other words if your voip trunks are in group 2 then that is the net group your system would use to call the other system.

Last edited by Derrick; 06/05/16 11:18 AM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
JTodd Offline OP
OP Offline
So at System A, I have the KSU Ip address 192.168.1.30, The VOIB card is 192.168.31. System B KSU IP address 192.168.2.33, VOIB card is 192.168.2.34

In the Networking Numbering Plan Table, for system A Index 0, System Usage NET, NET CO Group 0, Numbering Plan 1#***; Index 1, System Usage net, NET Co Group 1, Numbering Plant 2***, Dest. MPB. 192.168.2.33(this does not populate/update with the ip address in pc admin. It will appear 192168002033 when using PGM 324 from admin station) I have tried to swap between using the VOIB IP and the KSU IP address for both these values with no success.

Networking Numbering Plan Table for System B Index 0
System Usage NET, Net Co Group 0, Numbering Plan 2#***, Index 1
System Usage Net, Net CO Group 1, Numbering Plan 1***, Dest. MPB IP 192.168.1.30, CPN/IP Info 192.168.1.31(this does not populate/update with the ip address in pc admin. It will appear as 192168001031 when use PGM 324 from admin station) I have tried to swap between using the VOIB IP and the KSU IP address for both these values with no success.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Only use the voip card ips as cpn/ip destinations in network tables (index 0 set for all zeros and index 1 is a networked system) not the mbp ip addresses. There is a dest mpb address field but this is not used to route the call. You should use admin software to program network tables, not thru the phone.

Last edited by Derrick; 06/06/16 05:25 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

JTodd Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the response Derrick. Just an Update to this, I had to initialize all the network settings for both systems and once I did, I was able to enter in the Ip addresses for both systems. Once I did, I called extension 2100 from System A and got an Access Denied on my LCD. This led me to believe that my System A was talking to System B. I called into vertical and they told me that my DID conv digit was wrong for these lines. I changed them to 4 and now when dialing 2100, I do not get anything. Is there anything else I could be missing?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
What ip addresses are you using for your voip cards which is also the same address that goes into your net tables?

In other words system A calls System B..the extensions on system b are 2100...
So on system A the net table index should say 2**** with the destination ip being the voip card address of system B and vice versa coming the other way. Also are you programming using admin software or thru a phone?

Last edited by Derrick; 06/13/16 01:34 PM.

www.myrandomviews

JTodd Offline OP
OP Offline
VOIB card for system A is 192.168.1.31, System B VOIB Card is 192.168.2.34. After initializing my network data, I have been able to input the Networking numbering plan through PC Admin.

Networking Numbering Plan Table for System A Index 0
System Usage NET, Net Co Group 0, Numbering Plan 1#***, Index 1
System Usage Net, Net CO Group 1, Numbering Plan 2***, Dest. MPB IP 192.168.2.34, CPN/IP Info 192.168.1.34

System Usage Net, Net CO Group 1, Numbering Plan 1***, Dest. MPB IP 192.168.1.31, CPN/IP Info 192.168.1.31

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
It might be a typo but system b has the same ip address for the mbp and the cpn. From the look of the addresses I assume these systems are connected thru a vpn.

Remember you have to have four distinct static ip addresses, two for each site.

Are your voip trunks in CO/Line group 1 at both sites?

Can you ping the voip card address from each site to the other?

If you have remote access, I might be able to help you with this.

Last edited by Derrick; 06/13/16 03:20 PM.

www.myrandomviews

JTodd Offline OP
OP Offline
I can from both sites reach the VOIB card through my browser by typing in the IP address, I can also ping them back and forth. Vertical had me put the same VOIB address in both the Destination IP and IP info boxes for both systems. I originally had it:

Networking Numbering Plan Table, for system A Index 0, System Usage NET, NET CO Group 0, Numbering Plan 1#***; Index 1, System Usage net, NET Co Group 1, Numbering Plant 2***, Dest. MPB. 192.168.2.33, CPN/IP Info 192.168.1.34

System Usage Net, Net CO Group 1, Numbering Plan 1***, Dest. MPB IP 192.168.1.30, CPN/IP Info 192.168.1.31

JTodd Offline OP
OP Offline
I am using an MPLS circuit to connect to each site. Do I need the IP address for the MPLS device at each site? Currently the MPLS at each site is connected to a switch which is using a port that connected to the VOIB board. The ip addresses I listed above were:

System A, I have the KSU Ip address 192.168.1.30, The VOIB card is 192.168.31.

System B KSU IP address 192.168.2.33, VOIB card is 192.168.2.34

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,717 CTX100 install
186,811 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
Who's Online Now
3 members (Touch Tone Tommy, KRRath, Curlycord), 72 guests, and 410 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024