web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I'm having big problem. Customer has one C.O. line only. Line goes to alarm, KSU , maybe somewhere else too?

I have the gate coming into Door King 1875 bypass switch then into CO port 4 on 308 EC card.
Gate can call into the system and line 4 lights up with distinctive ring pattern.
But when customer wants to go off hook on CO line 4 and call down to the gate to activate closure options we get no dial tone until I plug the return side of 1875 bypass switch into an ext. Currently Ext. 22.

This is how it was wired by someone else before I swapped out ACS 308 processor in March 2016.
But before his two 206 cards went belly up last week , it seems that it worked good.
Now I have ACS R6 slot 3, 308 EC slot 1, and Partner Mail VS 5.0 slot 2 in 5 slot carrier.

Because there is only one live C.O. number on premises it seems that when you press line 4 button to call down to the gate Line 1 shows busy red light as I would expect.

But now when calls come in from outside world gate seems to seize the dial tone at certain times and then Ext.22 stays busy and holds the line?
Also some calls ringing in then cause Line 4 distinctive gate ring to be triggered. Apparently these last 2 problems were not occurring before.

Any concrete ideas? Thank you!!

alwayslearning

Telesystems technician
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
1st, how was the system cards in what slots before you changed them.

As I remember one of this forum's moderators Tommy (Touch Tone Tommy) has a lot of experience with Door King as well as of course Partner. If he doesn't see this thread I would send him a PM.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Thanks Hal, yup, saw your thread on the other forum. Don't put the actual telephone company dial tone on the Door King at all. Take a station from the Partner, remove all line appearances, run that to the Door King's input. Run the Door King's output to CO-4 on the Partner. Make sure everyone's Auto Line Select doesn't include line 4.

Visitor presses the Call button, line 4 on the Partner phones rings. You can answer and dial the code to let them in. If you don't have a call in progress, and just want to open the gate, pick up Line 4, you're actually getting Intercom dial tone from the station port, but the Door King is listening for the code to open the gate.

The manuals are easy to find with Google.

OP Offline
TTT, because the door king uses the 1875 bypass switch, the original wiring by another installer has co line going to 1875 bypass switch on pins 1,2 then to the actual gate on pins 3,4 from the co line 4 port on partner, then out from gate back to 1875 bypass switch on pins 5,6 which then goes straight into KSU on Ext. 22 port. Then if there was actual dial tone it would then leave the 1875 bypass switch on pins 7,8 and feed the house loop wiring.
I believe though the old co line 2 ( or 3) is dead cuz customer originally had a different co line running to the door king and now he only has the one main line. The door king is just being used to communicate with Partner from the gate. It's completely confusing me

Telesystems technician
OP Offline
originally system had slot 1 206 ec card
slot 2 206 ec card
slot 3 ACS processor 6.0
slot 4 Partner Mail VS

Now I just have slot 1 308 EC
slot 2 Partner mail VS
slot 3 processor

Telesystems technician
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Just so you know, the Partner Mail should b e to the right of the Processor.

No, the Partner Mail placement in slot 2 is correct, since the ACS is in the center slot, and the 1st expansion module (the 206) is in slot 1.

Here's the bypass switch:
[Linked Image from touchtonetommy.com]
Pins 1&2 are either Telephone Company Dial Tone, or a Single Line Intercom Only station from the Partner
Pins 3&4 go to the IN of the Door King
Pins 5&6 go to the OUT of the Door King
Pins 7&8 go to a CO PORT on the Partner, NOT a station port.

In the Bypass mode, the dial tone on 1&2 just goes to the phone/CO port on 7&8. Entry mode puts the Door King in the loop, just like an alarm RJ-31X

OP Offline
so it seems that it was wired strangely but worked, and now it does not??
I'm racking my little brain, but appreciate all the good help
Because it has co 4 going to pins 3,4 then pins 5,6 go to Ext. 22
even though I think the co from Telco is now dry

Telesystems technician
Listen to what Tommy said. Forget how it was done originally by someone who had no idea. I think they confused connecting the Door King to a house that has one phone line and single line phones. Why would the Door King even need the CO line in this case?

Even easier- get rid of the bypass switch and connect CO #4 of the Partner to terminals 4&5 (phone out) of the main terminal.

See page 19 HERE

-Hal

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,793 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, dexman), 54 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024