Hi ... just to warn you, I know nothing about Inter-tel (and the company who's supported us is no longer supporting Inter-tel) and I'm a novice with Cisco products.

we recently decided to move our satellite office phone traffic from our broadband site2site vpn to our dsl vpn because of better uptime and bandwidth.

we setup dhcp reservations at the remote site and used that to dynamically change the phones default gateway to their dsl router / modem (cisco 837). this successfully sent outbound audio traffic and phone commands over the dsl tunnel.

after testing, we found that inbound audio was still going over our broadband tunnel.

so then we used session manager to move the phones exclusively to our third IRPC card and set the card's default gateway to point to it's local dsl router and that failed to connect the phones. when we dial the ext of the remote phone, the lcd reads "so and so's is unplugged)

IRPC (x.x.1.56) > Axxess
|
dsl eth0 (x.x.1.2) > cisco 837 1
bvi1 (public IP 1) >
|
|
|
bvi1 (public ip 2) > cisco 837 2
eth0 (x.x.0.2) >
|
phones (x.x.0.100-109) > phones

1.I can ping the remote phones across the vpn.
2.the tunnel is regular ipsec and not natted even though the router is setup for NAT.
3.local phones programmed to the third card for testing work fine.
4.the NAT setting for the card is in "auto".
5.the translated nat setting in the IRPC card is set to 255.255.255.255 like the other 2 cards.
6.will be testing to verify ports are open across the tunnel but the RDP port (3389) is definitely open as I can remote into the server so chances are all other ports are too.

any idea what I'm missing or how I can test further? will post my cisco config file on request. thanks ~Rich