web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello, I'm having an issue on configuring a newly assigned school number to ring at multiple stations and then roll over to a group voicemail box. I have configured the DNIS and hunt group settings so the new number rings at two stations correctly, but I am not able to figure out where to force a roll over to a voicemail box. I have even set up the hunt group as a logical # just as a normal station which does roll over to voicemail.

Any help would be appreciated.
Bill

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
This is going to depend on your specific switch and software version. The easiest feature to use may not be available on the system you have.

If your version allows it,set your hunt group up as a UCD hunt group. Use the voicemail group as the overflow destination. The UCD group number becomes the mailbox number so you can assign MBOX keys as need asrise.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
OP Offline
Originally Posted by BillBrown6869
Hello, I'm having an issue on configuring a newly assigned school number to ring at multiple stations and then roll over to a group voicemail box. I have configured the DNIS and hunt group settings so the new number rings at two stations correctly, but I am not able to figure out where to force a roll over to a voicemail box. I have even set up the hunt group as a logical # just as a normal station which does roll over to voicemail.

Any help would be appreciated.
Bill

Followup:
Thanks JBean - I have the hunt group built as a UCD Group. I have tried the overflow for that group set to a specific station (Access number) which has VM box attached, but I have also tried to set it also to a generic VM box. All attempts continue to give constant ring and does not roll over.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Once you have named your hunt group as a UCD group, THAT becomes the mailbox number messages will be left in. Set your overflow destination to the voicemail group.

You have to adjust a couple of timers throughout all this, and be sure to test using live inbounnd CO calls. Merely dialing the UCD group won't provide an adequate test.

What software version are you using?

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
OP Offline
The software version is 8.00 (R.03)

The desire is for an incoming CO call to ring at two stations simultaneously [215 and 263] then roll to a voicemail box [Generic or vm on 215].

My settings are as follows:

Incoming calls > DNIS:
Incoming 1704
Access D1 454
Access D2 454
Access D3 454
Access Night 454

System-Paging/HuntGroup/UCDGroup parameters:
Access no - 454
UCD Hunt Gp - Regular
1st Msg - None
2nd Msg - None
Overflow - 215 ****This is the station that answers the phone*** no option to go above 250 can be set so I can not set to 454

System-Paging/HuntGroup/Station Hunt Gp:
Access # - 454
1 - 215 ****Primary answering number when manned
2 - 263 ****Secondary answering number

System>Paging Hunt Group
UCD Answer time 16
Overflow timer rings 4
Hunt group 454:
Hunt time 1
Hunt Gp Type All

If you have suggested programming changes please let me know. Also a PDF for documentation or a location to obtain one on the ECS and LinX would be fantastic as I have inherited this system with no documentation at all!

Bill

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
You need a group 454 designated as a UCD group NOT a regular group with extensions 215 and 263 as members.

Create mailbox 454.

Set the overflow destination, This is a group number that the system is looking for- the voicemail GROUP number 47 is default. Basically, wer'e telling the phone system to transfer this call to mailbox 454.

Create a MBOX key for for mailbox 454 and assign it to each extension, or , auto forward mailbox 454 to a forward list that sends the message anywhere you want.

Lemme know how you make out...

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024