web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
We have a Panasonic KX-NCP1000 phone system. We use the Panasonic PBX Unified Maintenance Console (MC) via LAN to programm it in interactive mode. Recently the user session which was connected to the KX-NCP1000 was broken due to a problem with the client computer. Now we are not able to reconnect to the KX-NCP system anymore. It seems there is some kind of lock which we cannot reset.

SYMPTOM ERROR:
E030103 Invalid Password or Model Type Error

WHAT DID WE TRY:
1. We have double checked the LAN connection settings (which was documented), so PBX model, IP, port and password are 100% correct. We even tried to connect via serial port, but no connection was possible.
2. We have tried to reset the KX-NCP (normal reset via button, power off, etc, NO initial reset to prevent loss of programm data). Result: MC connection still not working
3. We have tried to backup the system programm data from the SD card, change the DBSYS file offline in Maintenance Console batch mode and restart the KX-NCP again with the changed data. Result: Restart of KX-NCP was successfull with the changed data, but MC connection still not working

QUESTION:
How to reset the lock on the Maintenance console connection at the KX-NCP?

Help would be appreciated.

Best regards,
System installer @ Coenradie

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
Either the model is selected wrong on the tool or the password is changed or the switch is in reset mode which you will have to be careful not to default the system

If it is the password you will need to get Panasonic to reset. Passwords are no good if can be reset by anyone

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
OP Offline
Thank you for the reply, but we are 100% sure about password and model type. The problem seems to be that there is some lock due to broken connection between open Maintenance console and the KX-NCP due to client computer problem.

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
if switch is set to normal on the front of the system and the system says it is wrong password or model type. then you may need to default the system

OP Offline
I was afraid for this answer. frown Of course this is possible, but do we loose any of the configuration? Or is the backup of DBSYS file sufficient to recover all settings?

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
the backup, if loaded will set it up to the last taken settings

if the password is wrong on the backup, you are back to square one, so don't use the one on the sd card

OP Offline
Thank you for the help, we might try this. The password is not the problem for sure, so we expect no problem with that. We were afraid some settings are outside the SD card data in flash memory of the KX-NCP or something like that.
We have to find the right moment to do a System Initialise reset and then start from the backup again. However we have to do this outside office hours. Hopefully we don't need to do this. blush

OP Offline
This issue has been resolved by sending the DBSYS file to Panasonic. Somehow the password was reset by the system, but could be recovered by them.

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,793 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 110 guests, and 239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024