web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
OP Offline
I have a situation where a customer wants the DID for three stations to be displayed as caller ID on outbound calls. I looked at station attributes 4 for each station and they had the same number (customer's BTN) entered as the long CLI entry. I changed this and updated, but it had no effect. I contacted tech support and they told me that I also had to mark each of the PRI channels for long CLI. I was then rushed off the phone for what seemed to be a simple answer.

It doesn't work. The BTN is still being sent for all outgoing calls. I would like to blame Cox (the service provider for the PRI) for not having call screening established on the circuit. The problem with that is that every other Cox PRI in this market that I've encountered has this feature in place by default. Am I missing something in my programming?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The way it works with cox now, you can't change the outbound caller id to just any ole number, it has to be one of their billed did numbers and has to match exactly.

Last edited by Derrick; 09/13/16 08:09 AM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
OP Offline
These are all Cox DID numbers.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Outgoing CLI Service (page 1-139 FP 3.5 prg and ops manual.)
When enabled, this feature sends calling information to any destination an SBX station dials.
NOTE: Whether or not the information is then displayed on the destination phone depends upon whether
or not that phone has incoming CLI capability.(duh)
CONDITIONS
• When the Call Type is set to NATIONAL, the outgoing CLI is generated as a National
Number.
• When a value is entered for the ISDN CLI of a station, the value entered is used as the CLI
suffix when the outgoing CLI is generated.
• When a value is entered in the MY AREA CODE field, the entered value is used as the
CLI prefix when the outgoing CLI is generate.
• If a value is entered for the My Area Prefix Code, it can be used in conjunction with the
"MY AREA CODE" feature.
• When a value is entered in the CLIP/COLP Table, and the CLIP Table Index is set as the
front entry number, it is used as the middle portion of CLI when the outgoing CLI is
generated.
• If the CLI Restriction is enabled, CLI transmission is restricted.

I used to run into issues like this if it was a Cox SIP delivered PRI. A outbound did number not listed would not allow the call to complete...some kind of anti-spoofing measure I guess.

Last edited by Derrick; 09/13/16 08:35 AM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

OP Offline
It's all over the place in the manual, but I think I've narrowed it down to station attributes IV since other stations in the same system are doing this just fine. I sure wish that they didn't reinvent the wheel when they came up with this system (or more importantly, the documentation). If they had just stuck with the same terminology and acronyms, I wouldn't be here right now.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
PGM 114 flex 5 set to 0 but that should be there already I bet.

www.myrandomviews

OP Offline
I'll probably go by there tomorrow or Friday. I'll check back and let everyone know what happens.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024