web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
We have a KX-824 and TVA-50 system with apt integration. Our four incoming lines all go to a central voicemail mailbox in 4-5 rings during office hours. It needs to be at 6 rings to please the office manager!

In the TVA Maintenance Console there are a million places where it seems that time could be increased, but I can't find one that actually does the job. In Service Settings>Parameters>Operator Service for Day the value is 60--that seems like the right place, but changing the value doesn't do anything.

I have literally spent days on this, and am not making progress. Can somebody point out to me where I can set the daytime ring count/no answer time?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
Ringing to voicemail would be delay ring on vm ports on the phone system

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
OP Offline
Thanks for that suggestion, OBT . . . I dug into the TA-824 console and found the section 3.CO-2.Incoming/Outgoing. There the various system Jacks have a header that says "Ringing for incoming CO calls" with a subheader for "Day," "Night," and "Lunch." This looks like the perfect place to fix my problem, but the Day Start Time for VPS Ports 1 & 2 is limited to "immediate," "5s," "10s," and "15s." The "Day" value is set at 15 seconds, which corresponds to what we actually get.

Where could I go to increase that value? Many thanks for your assistance, by the way!

OP Offline
Ha! I think I have it. In the TVA50 console PORT/TRUNK service the Service Group also specifies Day, Night, Lunch, and Break modes. I changed the "Delayed Answer Time" for Day mode to 30. That seems to be added onto the 15sec specified in the TA-824 start time mentioned in my previous post.

Whew, that's a relief. I'll be sure to document this in our wiki . . . --Ray

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
that could affect you dialling into the voicemail to get messages, it could take 30 seconds before it answers to you dialling or transferring a call to mailbox

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
OP Offline
It does mess me up just as you say! Furthermore, something has changed so the operator can't dial into and receive the common voicemails. I'm about at the point of hiring a consultant. Drat.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Originally Posted by Solarbuddy
I have literally spent days on this, and am not making progress.

Originally Posted by Solarbuddy
I'm about at the point of hiring a consultant. Drat.

If you had hired a tech to start you would have been able to spend those days doing your job instead of trying to learn something that tech spent lots of time and hundreds if not thousands of dollars to learn (and isn't likely to share on the internet for free).

Sounds like it would be money well spent 2thumbs

As you are learning this isn't a simple thing and often times one change impacts other things.

Last edited by upstateny; 09/20/16 06:58 AM.

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Yoda, Toner, Curlycord), 131 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024