web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
OP Offline
This is an existing Summit 80 where any call that forwards to voice mail ends up in mailbox 100. The customer claims that this just started happening on its own. The programming for VMID, etc. seems to be in order. Tech support says to initialize the system. There has to be a better solution. Any ideas?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Back it up and default it...then test the vmid forwarding before you upload the database, because it may the problem. You might consider a firmware upgrade if there is one for that two year old system.

You could also send me a copy of the database, I could take an off-line look at it...see if I see something snarky.

Last edited by Derrick; 09/23/16 12:21 AM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
OP Offline
I wish I could. We can't access the system via web admin. It indicates login failure. In PGM 162 from a phone, we tried to change the password, but it has no effect.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
You changed the remote access password? The admin password changes access from a phone, the maintenance password is for remote web access from outside the office lan, and that is changed in browser admin programming.

The remote password is changed from a phone and allows lan access to the system.

Last edited by Derrick; 09/24/16 05:18 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

OP Offline
I have not actually been to this site yet, so I can't say with certainty what has been done. I'm just being told that he can access programming via a phone, and he can change the password in PGM 162, but he's still getting login failure. I have a feeling that I am going to have to go out there myself.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
pgm 162 changes two passwords, the admin and the remote access (browser). Just to be clear, which I sometimes ain't.

www.myrandomviews

OP Offline
Update: OK, I finally went there today myself. It turns out that it is not as originally reported. Here's what's actually happening as I witnessed:

1. Call comes in and reaches the CCR main greeting.
2. Caller presses option 1 to be transferred to ext. 105.
3. Ext. 105 rings and is not answered by the time the CFNA timer expires.
4. Ext. 105 automatically goes into DND and the caller is forwarded to ext. 100.
5. Upon no answer at ext. 100, the caller reaches the mailbox for ext. 100.

This is mimicking an ACD/UCD situation where if an agent misses a call, the system logs them out automatically. There's no doubt that the automatic DND upon CFNA is happening. It does this every single time that a call through the auto attendant is not answered. This same situation occurs on other stations in the same manner.

I spoke with Patrick at tech support today from the site. He indicated that this is a known software bug and there is not a real fix for it yet. He suggested that we upgrade the software. He said that no single-digit CCR entries will permit the target station to forward to their mailbox. He suggested having the callers just dial the full extension number instead. I tried that and nothing changed. It still went to ext. 100 upon no answer, and then mailbox 100 upon no answer. The only difference was that upon CFNA at the first station in this scenerio, the system announces that the caller is being transferred to the operator.

The poke is that the customer swears that it's been working fine until about a month ago!

My first thought was some ACD/UCD function being accidentally dialed, but that's not the case. There's no ACD/UCD in operation at all on this system.

I'm starting to lean toward going ahead with a full initialization and hoping for the best.

I also tried a few maintenance utility attempts on the recommendation of a friend who has heard of this. I had to do it via serial connection because the system won't allow access via the LAN port at all. I get the login screen, but no matter what I enter for user name and password, it returns a login fail message. I restored the passwords in maintenance to default and also defaulted the IP address, but nothing changed.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
[quote=EV607797 He said that no single-digit CCR entries will permit the target station to forward to their mailbox. [/quote]

I do this all of the time, and it always goes to the voice-mail. Of course I'm not using the Vertical version.

I would go ahead and default the unit, upgrade the software and reprogram.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
It used to work just fine...you could dial any extension thru the CCR and it would go to their voice mail..that is the way I initially set it up. Then they got hit by a bunch of sip hacking and there has been a cascade of bugs since. I think a default and reprogram is necessary as well. I would back it up and have a record of programming you can see with the off line program, but I would not upload it, due to the database may have a bit of corruption in it.

Last edited by Derrick; 10/03/16 01:50 PM.

www.myrandomviews

OP Offline
We ended up initializing it and mostly everything came back working properly. We manually programmed everything rather than risk a bad upload repeating the problem. The customer's needs are fairly simple now, so programming was no big deal. One thing was missing, which was the American English voice prompt file for the main instructional prompt when logging into voice mail. Vertical is going to try to locate this file and send it to us.

My fix is to just provide a temporary replacement unit and send the original one in for repair/upgrade. They can still retrieve messages, they just don't hear the instructions on what to press for what. Since they already know what to do, this isn't a huge issue.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,738
Members49,763
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,284 Shoretel
188,167 CTX100 install
187,014 1a2 system
Newest Members
gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo, highlysecptial, BPopilek
49,762 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 14
teleco 4
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 124 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024