web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
COMCAST ARRIS TM804 box with NORTEL NORSTAR MICS 0x32 box that was moved from COX to COMCAST. How do I wire teh 66 block.

NORTEL NORSTA 0x32 MICS PRI

Moved Nortel NORSTAR box with 66 block already wired to a new location office. Once I punch down one of the Comcast analog lines Arris modem begins to flash.
All lines are working internally but unable to get the outside COMCAST lines working?
(1) 0x32 MICS NORSTAR NORTEL
1st ICS - left side of the 66 block
3rd ICS - right side of the 66 block

SAFETALK FLASH

•COMCAST MODEM with 5 phone analog lines connected from an ARRIS TM804 box.

•6 Phone lines punched down work internally.

Questions? Equipment was just moved and now we are using a new company for service COMCAST with ARRIS analog box.
1.Do I need to reprogram my 0x32 to use COMCAST lines?
2.Do I need to program the ARRIS box accept the two 0x32 and StarTalk Flash?
3.Do I need to use the ICS2 Amphenol connector?
4.How do I connect the StarTalk Flash wires to the 66 block?
5.How do I connect the ARRIS analog lines to 66 Block?

trying to add layout of what i have but will not accept my image

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
We do not give step by step instructions on "Installer" information. All we can give out is "User" Info.

Please contact a local Nortel technician.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
OP Offline
OK, thanks already looking for a technician. I was hoping to avoid that. with having all lines working internally but not having any luck with connecting the ARRIS to the Norstar system.

I'm in over my head on this one, as an end user, but we recently switched to Comcast with no significant issues or re-programming.

Based on your questions and apparent level of knowledge, I have to agree with MooreTel that a qualified Nortel technician is in the cards.

I do see a couple of big question marks based on your description:

1) if you were set up for a PRI circuit instead of individual POTS lines (as implied by "0x32 MICS PRI") then you definately will need a qualified person to do a bit of programming, and possibly one or more line cards.

2) you mention "An Arris box", but 5 lines - the TM804 has a max of 4 lines

3) the StarTalk connects to the MICS the way it always did - there is no connection between the ARRIS and StarTalk.

4) Comcast did all the programming of our ARRIS boxes - i don't believe you can even access any of the ARRIS programming.

Again, you need a Nortel Installer that can see everything in front of them to figure out what is needed.

Admin
Admin
Wondering what you used to have before you went to the Arris box. You have 4 analog lines delivered, yet you mention PRI. An MICS has a TRUNK card and that card has a cable feeding a block. It better say something like TRUNK card, analog, and it was already wired the way it should have been for your 4 lines. It's a simple matter of taking a modular plug(s) 2 or 4 and punching them down on the 66 block. Of course, your friendly telecom tech can do that in 20 minutes or less...if you started with an analog trunk card to begin with

Whoever moved or installed the system should have taken careful note of how it uninstalled. The VM sits on ports from the digital extensions.

Carl

OP Offline
thanks for responding and let me try and make more sense.

The MICS box was shipped with the 66 block connected still. I'm just lost getting connected to arris box. Prob the punch downs?

1) Correction the service before was COX and now its COMCAST's arris boxes. Same type of service, has to be my punch downs
2) There are actually two the other one only has one line active.
3) I didn't see how it was connected in previous location.
4) I agree Comcast did setup the arris box.

OP Offline
thanks for all the responses. I was able to figure it out. I was using the wrong side of the 66 block for the CO lines.

glad you got it figured out.

Retired phone dude

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,694
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,704 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (teleco, BobRobert), 110 guests, and 254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024