web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Rik Offline OP
OP Offline
Is there an issue using LAN SMDI between an IES16 and a rel 5 CIX100. I cannot get the PW prompt or M/W lights. i have tired both 5000 and 1000 in the i/o device.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I have not heard about any issues with LAN SMDI on Rel 5. Port should be 5000 for Stratag7y ES, unless it is an iES16-XPE.

You might just have to start from scratch. Delete the I/O settings then put them back. Try removing both devices from the customer LAN, and use a small data port connect them together. IP conflicts could cause problems win SMDI over LAN. I have seen it happen.

Other then that, double check settings in Stratagy and the CIX. There are several things that need to be set just right on both systems or SMDI fails. Check the logs or Stratagy Trace to see if the Stratagy is getting SMDI info.

These are some of the things that have caused me to do a face palm. Especially if I rush through things. Did this ever work?

First - From the voice mail, using RDC if an XP or Net Meeting if an NT based system, access the desktop and make sure you can ping the processor. If you cannot, then this needs to be fixed before taking any further steps.

From the command line, you can also see if you can Telnet to the voice mail on the appropriate port as posted above. A success will result in a blank screen with a cursor. These 2 steps will demonstrate that your networking and CIX are programmed correctly and should accept SMDI input from the PBX.

On the PBX

Double check your I/O settings. Especially the port and IP information.

Double check the IP of the PBX. Make sure a digit wasn't transposed or a subnet mask entered incorrectly.

In Station Assignments for the VM ports under the Basic Tab, make sure the display DN is set to the pilot number of the voice mail. Under the DKT tab, make sure FB 19 is set to "Not Continuous" and the Adapter (FB21) is set to "BPCI" (I miss this when I rush).

Make sure all extensions with mailboxes have the VMID set to the mailbox number they access when calling voice mail and that the VM pilot is programmed in the Message Center.

In System, Voice Mail Data make sure the VM Pilot number is defined in FB 10 and 16. This won't keep it from working but it does come into play for other features and applications.

Now for the voice mail -

Are mailboxes built?

If the IP address or the community name of the PBX has changed these will need to be defined in Configuration, Telephone System Integration. You also should check the "Voice Ports" and make sure the extension numbers of the voice mail ports are defined (another one I easily overlook). If you make any changes here, you will need to restart the Stratagy service.

On occasion, if I change the voice mail parameters and restart the Stratagy service, I still will not have integration and have had to perform a reboot using the Shutdown button and the powering off and then on the voice mail.

If you are familiar with the trace software, you can set up a trace and see if data is passing through to the PBX but, if any one of the parameters mentioned is not set right, it will not work correctly even though data is passing.

Without fail, any problems I have had with integration have been due to either a networking problem like a bad switch, cable, bad LAN port on the PBX or voice mail, or missing/erroneous programming because I am trying to rush.

I have found it pays to start at the beginning and check EVERYTHING since 1 incorrect setting will cause it not to work at all.

My most common mistakes are not setting the adapter to BPCI on the voice mail ports in the PBX and not defining the voice mail port extension numbers in the voice mail.

Michael Meyer
Originally Posted by Meyery2k
My most common mistakes are not setting the adapter to BPCI on the voice mail ports in the PBX and not defining the voice mail port extension numbers in the voice mail.

Those were the 2 things I would miss most often, and now are one of the first things I set.

On some occasions I have seen SMDI from the PBX not work after changing I/O info. Usually removing it, then adding it back will get it to work again, but you could also try cycling power on the PBX if you can.

As mentioned some VM settings require a Stratagy restart. It is quicker to do it from the IES desktop. When SMDI starts working very often the Stratagy will automatically reboot, but as suggested by Michael you can rebooted it manually to see if that helps/

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024