web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
MnDave Offline OP
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
OP Offline
All X16 mailboxes play "Hello, we are not available now. Thank you for calling" & hang up. No personal OGMs are heard nor the factory default "Hello, Please leave a msg after the tone"

To rule out the voice storage being full I deleted [System Setup\Mail System\Clear All VMSG] but it made no difference.

I find no documentation on that prompt or what happens when system is full. This system is past the free support period but I emailed Xblue anyway. I will follow up with any response.

Last edited by MnDave; 12/27/16 05:12 PM.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
I think your reaching the AA. Programming issue.

MnDave Offline OP
OP Offline
Hummm... 2 days now and Xblue has not replied to my email.

Ken, The condition appeared to start after the customer unsuccessfully tried to rerecord the Day OGM. But the Day AA plays and allows xfer to exts. This "Not Available" prompt & hangup has replaced all personal OGMS. I assumed the 2 hour storage was full so I had them delete all VMSG through the System level but there was no change.

The canned OGMs on my shop KSU use different verbage for Night and Aux while the weekend and holiday OGMs appear to have been erased and nothing plays. So I can't find the exact "Not Available" prompt anywhere.

- Dave S. -

A lot of companies are running short staff over the holidays so it might take till next week to hear back - but I'd keep trying rather than wait. In the meantime, while it's a PITA to start over - maybe a total system reset would clear the trouble.

Why do I have to press one for English when they're just going to transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?
MnDave Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes. That appears to be the direction I need to go in. I don't have the time to address it until next week but this is the response I got from Xblue:

Based on your description of the issue it sounds like the voicemail system on the X16 has had some type of glitch or corruption. When I have seen this in the past a "Reset KSU" from the system setup menu will resolve the issue. Basic setup for AA ans delay, auto attend ring, date and time, etc will need to be reprogrammed once this process is completed. The telephones should remember their extension numbers and come back up however they will need to re-record their personal OGM's. We do have support options available on our website if the customer needs our assistance via the following link. https://store.xblue.com/product-support-options/

- Dave S. -

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
For very inexpensive systems, sometime that the only solution.

MnDave Offline OP
OP Offline
RESOLVED!

The X16 installation guide has a documentation error on page 47. When "Message Length" is set to "Greeting" the voice mail instead, actually stops taking messages and plays the system prompt, "Hello. We are not available now" and then hangs up.

Therefor, "Greeting" is actually "Do Not Take Messages."

I informed XBlue of this discovery.

- Dave S. -

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Good to know.

Thanks for posting the solution.

Why do I have to press one for English when they're just going to transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?
Thanks Dave, who would have guessed that. Did you get a who me? from the customer.

Retired phone dude
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 117 guests, and 228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024